• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Toby Keith = Democrat

Deadly Sushi

The One, The Only, Sushi
SUPER Site Supporter
Im finding this hard to believe!

wenn1391857__oPt.jpg

A country artist openly proclaiming that he's a Democrat and supporting Barack Obama!
Unheard of!!!
Toby Keith is currently promoting his new movie, Beer For My Horses, and was asked about his position in the upcoming elections.
Keith responded with, "There's a big part of America that really believes that there is a war on terrorism, and that we need to finish up."
He added, "So I thought it was beautiful the other day when Obama went to Afghanistan and got educated about Afghanistan and Iraq. He came back and said some really nice things."
And there's more.
Keith continues, "So as far as leadership and patriotism goes, I think it's really important that those things have to take place. And I think he's the best Democratic candidate we've had since Bill Clinton. And that's coming from a Democrat."
And there you have it.

Bobcat

Je Suis Charlie Hebdo
GOLD Site Supporter
Net troubles. Had to dig out a cell modem when the hotel wifi croaked.

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
WOW! :eek: Why Toby, WHY!!!!!!!

His songs talk of the Red White and Blue and kicking the talaban ass!!!!???? Why in the heck would he be for Obama? :confused:

Spiffy1

Huh?
SUPER Site Supporter
Blue Dog perhaps? Considering McCain isn't exactly making people write home to grandma about his grandeur; I can see it plausable for BlueDogDems to buy into Obama's BS.

buckle97

SUPER Site Supporter
I don't think there is any misinterpretation. I heard an interview a few years ago and Toby stated that many people would be surprised to find out that he is a democrat.

From Toby's Wikipedia page:

Political beliefs and controversies

Keith considers himself "a Conservative Democrat who is sometimes embarrassed for his party."[citation needed] He endorsed the re-election of President George W. Bush in 2004 and performed at a Dallas, Texas rally on the night before the election. Keith also endorsed Democrat Dan Boren in his successful run in Oklahoma's 2nd Congressional district and is good friends with Democratic New Mexico Governor Bill Richardson.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Toby_keith

DaveNay

Klaatu barada nikto
SUPER Site Supporter
This is what happens when you try to label someone as a Democrat or a Republican.

It just ain't that simple of a distinction.

RedRocker

Well, in this case he labeled himself, but the dems have distorted their party so far left it's hard to believe any moderate or conservative would still associate themselves with them. Same with Republicans, I just call my self a conservative, the GOP is still somewhat conservative, but they spend like democRats, so whadda ya gonna do?

Spiffy1

Huh?
SUPER Site Supporter
RedRocker said:
the GOP is still somewhat conservative, but they spend like democRats, so whadda ya gonna do?

That about sums it up!

Ummm, vote for someone else? :unsure:

Love to, but who wants to be the one to find out if only they'd voted for McCain, Obama wouldn't be in office. :eek:

I do wonder though, the Libertarians [or other conservative 3rd party for that matter] put out anyone thats going to make any waves this year?