• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

info on a raidtrac

Snowtrac Nome

member formerly known as dds
GOLD Site Supporter
any info on raidtrac's my 12year old boy has got bit by the tracked vehicle fever i've found an affordable raidtrac that appears to be compleate so i will be picking it up shortly for a father son project pics will come when i get it home.what i want is any info about what to look for in the restoration and mods to make it more reliable.

Snowtrac Nome

GOLD Site Supporter
i would guess the little toy thing it has an 18 horse motor and about 6 x 8 looks like a good little play thing bor the boy to learn on

mbsieg

awful member
GOLD Site Supporter
I guess they are both toys search little red thingy here. Good for a laugh!!!!!!!!!!!!!

mbsieg

awful member
GOLD Site Supporter
the one i had had a citroen engine and 5 spd with a brake clutch on each track drive.. not sure on the smaller ones though.

djgerman

any info on raidtrac's my 12year old boy has got bit by the tracked vehicle fever i've found an affordable raidtrac that appears to be compleate so i will be picking it up shortly for a father son project pics will come when i get it home.what i want is any info about what to look for in the restoration and mods to make it more reliable.
I have a Mod 618 Raidtrac, 20 HP Kawasaki Liquid out of a JD Gator.
I have an Owner/Parts Manual for a 613-618. Might be able to help you out with some needed info.
Dave

Snowtrac Nome

GOLD Site Supporter
do you have anny of the old parts i would like to find a carb for the old tecumscha motor how ever an engine conversion like you have done is interesting could you post some pics

santell

Hello:
I noticed you had a Raidtrac 1800. I have an opportunity to purchase one fairly reasonable. There is little info on them. Were they designed will and how do they perform: flotation, reliability, well built, problem areas, what breaks and things I should watch for. This one has 140 hours, 1987 and looks good. I could send you images of it if you would like. I am familiar with cats, own a 1200C Spryte, and owned several Bombardier and Piston Bully cats. I desire to use this machine to pull nordic grooming equipment to set ski tracks (compactor bar and roller with track setters weight about 700 lbs. Thank You for your help.
santell

Snowtrac Nome

GOLD Site Supporter
mine is in the process of being built now i need a carb the 18 horse motor seems to run good i think it's going to get replaced with something newer it should pull any thing a snowmachine will and maybe a little bit better steering will be a problem in soft snow with the declutch and brake system i think i would add n electric over hydraulic pump anda steering cylinder between the cat and dragso you can make all but the sharpest turns with power to both tracks .hope this helps you mine is just a toy for the kids and a father son project