• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

More idiocy from Kellogg's

Catavenger

SUPER Site Supporter
More stupid stuff from Kellogg's, (and my reply).
https://www.yahoo.com/gma/kellogg-v...teaching-164912584--abc-news-celebrities.html
Kellogg vows to redo cereal box artwork accused of 'teaching kids racism'

An author says he was "pleasantly shocked" after initiating social and corporate change via Twitter this week.
Marvel Comics writer Saladin Ahmed tagged the Kellogg Co. via tweet, citing artwork on cereal boxes he said teaches “kids racism.”
"Hey @KelloggsUS why is literally the only brown corn pop on the whole cereal box the janitor? this is teaching kids racism," he wrote, adding a photo of a Corn Pops box to the tweet.
In the photo, there are numerous bright yellow pops doing various things, while one is a darker shade of yellow or brown and appears to be waxing the floor or doing some kind of janitorial work.
The scribe continued, "Yes it’s a tiny thing, but when you see your kid staring at this over breakfast and realize millions of other kids are doing the same…"

My Reply:

What's wrong with being a janitor and cleaning the floor? it's both an honest job and one that is much needed.
Is the Kellogg company trying to shame those with that job? Well I say shame on Kellogg's!

nixon

Boned
GOLD Site Supporter
Well Cat ,
You can’t be too careful these days with product liability .
Look at what Wheaties did to Bruce Jenner . . .

Jim_S

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
If Corn Pops are Racist, What About Cocoa Puffs or Count Chocula?
Todd Starnes|Posted: Oct 27, 2017 9:31 AM

https://townhall.com/columnists/tod...t-about-cocoa-puffs-or-count-chocula-n2401288

If Corn Pops are Racist, What About Cocoa Puffs or Count Chocula?

Prepare to have your Lucky Charms curdled, America.

Kellogg's has apologized after a member of the Social Justice Breakfast Brigade complained about racially insensitive artwork on a package of Corn Pops.

The artwork included cartoon characters shaped like corn kernels frolicking about in a shopping mall. All but one of the kernels was yellow. The lone brown kernel was working as a janitor.

Well, faster than you could say snap, crackle, pop - a customer raised a stink on social media.

"Why is literally the only brown corn pop on the whole cereal box the janitor? This is teaching kids racism," aggrieved cereal-eater Saladin Ahmed wrote on Twitter.

USA Today reports Ahmed is a writer for the Marvel Comics' Black Bolt series and a fantasy novel author.

A number of folks observed that the brown kernel was the only one actually doing something – putting in a hard day’s work while other corn kernels goofed off.

I contend it’s just a cartoon on a cereal box, so why is this even a “thing”? But my opinion seems to be in the minority (no pun intended).

Kellogg's dutifully responded on Twitter - reaffirming its commitment to diversity and inclusion. In other words, they respect corn kernels of all colors and socio-economic backgrounds.

"Kellogg is committed to diversity & inclusion. We did not intend to offend - we apologize. The artwork is updated & will be in stores soon," the company stated.

And for the sake of inclusivity, I imagine Kellogg's would affirm vegetables that identify as corn kernels or corn kernels that might be yellow but identify as brown. I mean who are we to judge if a head of lettuce identifies as a corn kernel?

Folks, the country has gone plumb nuts.

The notion that a major American company was forced to apologize after somebody got their flakes frosted by a cartoon corn kernel demonstrates just how perpetually offended and overly sensitive we've become.

I can only imagine what the Social Justice Breakfast Brigade will do when they discover Cocoa Puffs --- or heaven forbid - Fruity Pebbles.

rugerman

You have to remember that the social justice warriors are normally a product of the higher education system where if you don’t have a college degree (no matter how useless a field it is in) then you don’t matter no matter how much your skill set is useful. A auto or truck mechanic is just guy with dirt under his nails and grease on his hands who has a nack for keeping those steel horses moving, and a farmer is just someone who digs in the dirt and grows stuff we eat. They can’t do those jobs but they can look down their noses at those folks and wonder how they get by without a degree in some field like cinema or art appreciation.