• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Need help with rig ID

RTEC-51

Hello all, I'm new to the Forum although i have been reading ur posts for quite some time.
Anyway I recently picked up this track rig , previous owner had no info, just glad to see it leave there property.
All I know is the obvious, which is probably a 170 Ford -6 , possibly a Fordomatic 2 speed auto tranny and the brake drums also have Ford stamped in them.
My preliminary thoughts are to do , a {From the ground up} rebuild.
At this point my biggest concern is the front drive sprockets ,they are totally shot and seem to be of slightly different design from left to right , does anyone know about getting these rebuild, or replaced with new. Is this rig even worth it ? The tires all 8 , have been previously foamed which was a surprise.
The tracks seem to be in good condition, some of the tire guides on the inside are bent or missing but not a issue at this point, the belting is good . I've spent a fair amount of time trying to find info , although this rig is similar to others I've seen , have not seen this particular rig anywhere . I welcome all ideas

Attachments

• IMG_0910.jpg
    IMG_0910.jpg
    145.3 KB · Views: 255
  • IMG_0915.jpg
    IMG_0915.jpg
    172.1 KB · Views: 236
  • IMG_0913.jpg
    IMG_0913.jpg
    123 KB · Views: 235
  • IMG_0911.jpg
    IMG_0911.jpg
    127.1 KB · Views: 243
  • IMG_0918.jpg
    IMG_0918.jpg
    180.4 KB · Views: 232
  • IMG_1103.jpg
    IMG_1103.jpg
    195.3 KB · Views: 228
  • IMG_0922.jpg
    IMG_0922.jpg
    123.7 KB · Views: 231
  • IMG_1133.jpg
    IMG_1133.jpg
    150.6 KB · Views: 231
  • IMG_1126.jpg
    IMG_1126.jpg
    349.8 KB · Views: 237

MNoutdoors RIP

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
It does look somewhat similar to the Bombardier BB carrier but not totally the dual clutch steering is different

What is the track cleat pitch cleat to cleat 3.75" ? Possible to modify another sprocket to fit

Snowtrac Nome

member formerly known as dds
GOLD Site Supporter
gee Brad I figured you would know just what that one is It does look kind of look like a j5 did the nasty with a muskeg and that is what you got

RTEC-51

Thanks for the input, I'll need to check the pitch that'll be a few days before i can get that, It looks like the sprocket pictured on the right was costom made basted on the weld around the perimeter so that's a good direction to head.

J5 Bombardier

Somebody did a lot of figuring on that dual clutch steering. Got any pics of the tranny output to the flywheels .
J5 Bombardier:hammer:

redsqwrl

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
that is about the coolest thing I have seen this week.....

I would love to see that machine up close and shake the hand of the people responsible.

are those micro locks on the diffs, I see a pressure switch and makes me wonder if the throw out bearings are tied into master cyl's thus applying some brake and slipping the clutch together...

Did this come out of the Upper peninsula of MI that has Yooper written all over it. although ninilbilly characteristics are there as well.......