• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

hauled a buss

JimVT

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
my son bought a $500 buss at the state auction . it hauled fine on my cat trailer. wheelchair lift on it diesel 51,000 miles. from western state hosipital.
buss needed batteries and starter.
DSC01430.jpg

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
Sad to say but that's almost what we need. I could easily haul my scooter around and there would be plenty of room for the 5 kids in the back.

JimVT

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
it took 4 batteries. two for the wheelchair lift. I spent most all afternoon replacing cables and batteries. the inside is excellent. no torn seats and heater by the back door. it looks like it would be good for camping. the front doesn't have seats and bolt down hooks for two chairs. it may get turned into a camper . someone just put all new tires on it.
jim

teamster

My wife told me one day that she was tired of the grand rats putting there muddy shoes on the seats of here Jeep. I told here I would remedy that. I bought her this old bus, then Camo wrapped it, put a steel cage door 4 ft from the back, so she can throw their bikes in and away she goes. She's the coolest grama around, when she pulls into the school.

Attachments

• bus 7.JPG
    bus 7.JPG
    113.8 KB · Views: 179
  • IMG_1492.jpg
    IMG_1492.jpg
    171.8 KB · Views: 176

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
Any idea on how much one of those can haul? I may actually start looking for one if they can tow my camper. 7500lbs.

deand1

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
My wife told me one day that she was tired of the grand rats putting there muddy shoes on the seats of here Jeep. I told here I would remedy that. I bought her this old bus, then Camo wrapped it, put a steel cage door 4 ft from the back, so she can throw their bikes in and away she goes. She's the coolest grama around, when she pulls into the school.
The Camo Wrap looks great.

1. Did you do it yourself?
2. If so how hard was it?
3. If not who did it?
4. and how much was it?
5. Is it sticking well to the original paint?

TIA,

Dean

teamster

The camo is sticking well. It took the wife and I about 30 hrs to put it on. 5 hrs at a time for 6 days. The wrap cost about $2300. I ordered 40' of 4' wide and 40' of 2' wide. It will stretch about 30% when you heat it with a hair drier. There's lot of different patterns. You put it on like wrapping a Christmas present, but instead of a large overlap, you cut it to minimise overlap.