• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Historic Revolutionary War Fort damaged by POKEMON GO players!

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
WTF is wrong with these idiots?

I have no problem with people playing games. And if you want to play POKEMON GO that is fine with me. But damnit please don't destroy historic treasures that are irreplaceable.

Perhaps they don't know our history. Perhaps they don't care. I hope they are just clueless rubes because those that know what they are doing and do it anyway should be thrashed :hammer:

http://boston.cbslocal.com/2016/08/06/pokemon-go-fort-phoenix-fairhaven-damage/

FAIRHAVEN, Mass. (CBS/AP) — A fort destroyed in the Revolutionary War is again fending off attacks — this time from “Pokemon Go” players.

Caretakers of Fort Phoenix in Massachusetts say players of the popular smartphone game are damaging the historic site.

Gary Lavalette, volunteer caretaker at the fort in Fairhaven, near the Rhode Island state line, says people have been leaving trash, vandalizing historic structures and publicly urinating. He told WLNE-TV that a stone wall was taken apart with a crowbar and parts of the property look like a “minefield” because people are digging up the ground.

“This fort was never designed for this type of activity,” Lavalette told the station.

The Fairhaven Historical Commission says hundreds of “Pokemon Go” players have been flocking to the fort, often at night, because it’s where a rare Pokemon can be found.

Lavalette said that some visitors were searching for “buried treasure” at the site because they didn’t understand its history.

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Not sure what type of crime they could be charged with for placement of these 'stops' but the idiots who dig up the ground or generally cause damage at historic sites need to be beat about the head and generally bludgeoned.