• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Radiator Recore or Replacement

Track Addict

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
The Tucker radiator sprung a small leak. Knew is was coming at some point.

Would rather just fix it once correct.

From my research of the part number on it 1541641 traces back to a 1955-56 Chrysler 300M non ac. The number changed for the following years many times.

Any idea on a correct replacement or a recore?

loggah

SUPER Site Supporter
Give L A radiator in Lewiston maine a call,they work on recoreing,rebuilding all types of vintage radiators. Good guys to deal with ,they did 2 lombard cores for me and there a lot more rare then Dodge parts.

heres their website

http://laradiatorworks.net/

jp11

Good guys there. I used them for my ASV. Cousin of the guy that runs that place also manufactures radiators. I taught him to fly. He's my 'radiator guy' and sent me over there to have them build me up a radiator with 50% more cooling than what I had. Works great.

JP

Track Addict

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Still working on this small leak. It is intermittent weeping. Thinking of trying some bars or other stop leak for now. Not a big fan of this solution but we had a corner headgasket leak on one of the volvo tamd41's over the summer and it actually worked!

This is the interchange of radiators that would fit if anybody has thoughts. Would like to keep as orig as possible:

1541641 is the correct part number. Fits:

Chrysler Windsor 55-56 w/air conditioning
Chrysler New Yorker and 300 w/o air conditioning
Desoto 55-56 Firedome w/o air conditioning
Desoto 55-56 Fireflite w/ air conditioning
Imperial 55-56 w/o air conditioning.

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
I had a small leak in the envoy. Stop leak seems to have worked with it.

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk