• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

300 6cyl ford fuel injection

mbsieg

awful member
GOLD Site Supporter
Ok who has put one of the aftermarket fuel injection kits on a 300 6cyl. What manufacture did you use? how did it fit and how did it run? The oem ford does not fit in the orig engine bay on this cat so we are looking at aftermarket system. Help here please.

300 H and H

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Ok who has put one of the aftermarket fuel injection kits on a 300 6cyl. What manufacture did you use? how did it fit and how did it run? The oem ford does not fit in the orig engine bay on this cat so we are looking at aftermarket system. Help here please.

Some one here on the forum's just did a 300. Might search, and I will to. Maybe they will chime in, if they see this thread.

Regards, Kirk

why efi----not a carb------I have a tucker that was owned by a snowmobile club at one time----they put a jasper reman in it with efi---the only good part is when you start it----no pumping and playing with a choke---it has a low end lean pop that messes with it shifting--and yes I have all sensors in and hooked up---I do like efi----but add on still not sure----take the time to google fuel injection----old school throttle body is way out of date-----I have had 2 cats with a ford 6 in it they were good on gas---one had a points dist. in it---it would start hard when It was below zero out I put a bypass switch on the in line resistor to start it than would switch back after starting---worked like a champ----buy a new carb---pointless dist.----big ass inline fuel filter and run it just sayin

mbsieg

awful member
GOLD Site Supporter
why efi----not a carb------I have a tucker that was owned by a snowmobile club at one time----they put a jasper reman in it with efi---the only good part is when you start it----no pumping and playing with a choke---it has a low end lean pop that messes with it shifting--and yes I have all sensors in and hooked up---I do like efi----but add on still not sure----take the time to google fuel injection----old school throttle body is way out of date-----I have had 2 cats with a ford 6 in it they were good on gas---one had a points dist. in it---it would start hard when It was below zero out I put a bypass switch on the in line resistor to start it than would switch back after starting---worked like a champ----buy a new carb---pointless dist.----big ass inline fuel filter and run it just sayin

The reasoning behind efi is the elevation changes. This cat gets used at 4k feet, and 10.5k. But getting good driveability at those altitude changes is proving fun. The carb that was on it was a victim of ethanol and Florida humidity.

samwe

Is the stock manifold aluminum? You might be able to adapt a throttle body to the carb mount and weld in some injector bungs?

TomPa

GOLD Site Supporter
I have been looking for an answer to the same problems, when going from 6k to 12k the carb just doesn't like the thin air. I ran across these guys and think I might give them a try, kinda pricey but it would be worth it in the long run, peace of mind with a good system goes a long way sometimes. http://www.affordable-fuel-injection.com/

here is an idea----chevy trail blazers are a dime a dozen -----iam a chevy guy but trail blazers are junk----but the motors are great---buy one(the whole truck) --yank the ford motor out drop the trail blazer motor in ---install the wiring and computer and go---you should check with after market co. and see if there mapping will work at 12k----tbi is out dated they sucked when they came out years ago

samwe

here is an idea----chevy trail blazers are a dime a dozen -----iam a chevy guy but trail blazers are junk----but the motors are great---buy one(the whole truck) --yank the ford motor out drop the trail blazer motor in ---install the wiring and computer and go---you should check with after market co. and see if there mapping will work at 12k----tbi is out dated they sucked when they came out years ago

I am a Ford guy, but ended up putting a Trailblazer motor in my Muskeg. Nice motor. Lots of power. You should get a wrecked trailblazer so that you have the wiring, then get someone to flash the computer.

You also need to find a 2wd trans. Bellhousings are removable so that makes it easier.

redsqwrl

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
I was informed the EFI 300 Six doesnt fit into a spryte because the intake runner is so high.

couldn't the air runner just be cut off?

sure you loose a little bit of velocity on the intake air and perhaps some torque would go with it, however the runner could be flanged?

are the injectors near the head?

Just thinking out loud

300 H and H

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
I was informed the EFI 300 Six doesnt fit into a spryte because the intake runner is so high.

couldn't the air runner just be cut off?

sure you loose a little bit of velocity on the intake air and perhaps some torque would go with it, however the runner could be flanged?

are the injectors near the head?

Just thinking out loud

The plenum is the high point on the Ford EFI manifold. It is actually only a few inches to high I believe. For me the easy way would be to modify the engine cover to gain the extra clearance. The long runner Ford manifold IMHO would be worth the trouble to have in place. That manifold is the best there is on a 300 six.

Regards, Kirk