• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Thiokol 1402 1404 parts

hansoni

Wondering if the 1402 and 1404 have the same rear, linkage for shifting the rear, steering components, and track length/# of grousers, and trans?

Two Track Mind

I have one of both models . The slave cyl. ,master cyl. , shift linkage is the same . The same rearends but not sure if ring/pinion ratio is the same . I put the 1402 rearend into my 1404 because of broken teeth on ring gear and it all works fine but I believe the 1402 D-Dent ratio might be higher than the ratio in the 1404 WT model .My 1404 is capable of 30 mph downhill but with both transmissions in first feels higher geared than 1402 was in first. Remember that the D-Dent [standard track ] sprocket is smaller because of grouser design . The brake slave cyl. mt. plate was more robust on the 1404. Wide track/ narrow track axle assembly's interchange. My finger is sore ,I'm done .:whistling:

hansoni

Thanks. I wondered if the 1402 was more or less the same as the 1404 with just a different power plant and nose assembly. I see these come up for sale cheap might be worth it for spare parts. I have an extra 1.7 motor maybe figure a swap and build a new cab.