• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

pistenbully wiper replacement

JimVT

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
I need a source for a single wiper to replace what I have.
DSC00417_1.jpg
[/IMG]
the linkage broke and pb no longer has the parts.

DAVENET

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Jim, what 'linkage' are you talking about?? Show the broken part and I could have an option.

JimVT

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
DSC00464.jpg

the center wiper blade arm/shaft that runs through the front has a post that holds two arms . those arms are press fit. the pressed on fit isn't holding anymore. I tacked welded and they hold for now but I need new ends.
i'll explain again
118 holds 113 and 112 .112 is loose on 118 . I welded 112 and 113 on to 118. they are heavy just like tie rod ends. I controlled the heat when I welded so no damage occurred.
it looks like I could put a single wiper in. a piston bully panaa has what I would like.
panaa.jpg

DAVENET

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
So the motor drive arm (111) must hook onto 112 thru the left hand eyelet? I'm guessing that 117 is a threaded adjuster to get the arms synced. (I have only ever seen this connector link as a solid unit, with nylon bushing on each end. When the bushing wears out, the link is replaced)

Unfortunately I don't have a working solution for that. I have some large stuff that uses ball socket style connectors (not 'tie rod' style). The issue with mine is even if you swapped it out and added the pivot plate for a single blade arm, they are only made to provide a sweep of ~36".

JimVT

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
canyon%20wipers_1.jpg

118 113 112 are the parts I wanted .they are non pb parts and not available
red shows the way they connect.

DAVENET

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
"The issue with mine is even if you swapped it out and added the pivot plate for a single blade arm, they are only made to provide a sweep of ~36". "

That should have been "The issue with mine is even if you swapped it out and added the pivot plate for a parallel arm, they are only made to provide a sweep of ~36".