• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Bombi track tighting issue

Fishing

I replaced a zerk on my track tightner and the grease keeps coming out past the ball on the end of the zerk. I tried 3 different ones with the same result.
Is there a certain grease need or a certain zerk.

Thanks
Fishing

JimVT

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
the zerk should not leak grease. mine worked fine. nothing is special about it that I know of.

MNoutdoors RIP

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
I replaced a zerk on my track tightner and the grease keeps coming out past the ball on the end of the zerk. I tried 3 different ones with the same result.
Is there a certain grease need or a certain zerk.

Thanks
Fishing

Like Jim said, we have found you need a good quality zerk, some of the cheaper zerks will do that :ermm:

JimVT

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
I made the switch to heaver stuff because my seals were weak in the pistons but the zerk gave me no problems. I am fussy on buying parts and always ask for no china stuff.