• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

COFFEE PARTY CANNED… Local Coffee Shop Gives Leftist Group the Boot

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
I first heard about them last summer. There is a Fencing forum where I am an occasional participant and there are a bunch of lefties posting on that forum. I post there largely in the Equipment/Armory area during the high school fencing season. There was quite a bit of discussion about the Coffee Party and the founder seemed to be a "moderate Democrat" who wanted to have a 'nice' party.

Most of the posts in the thread were from the left fringe talking about making it into a progressive movement. Guess that didn't work out too well.

jpr62902

Jeanclaude Spam Banhammer
SUPER Site Supporter
What a ridiculous analogy made be the coffee pot in the video. He likened the owner's decision not to have political events take place at his business to another business not serving blacks in the 50's. Really?

No.

mak2

I cant see the video, I am at work, but from what I read it sounds fine to me. What is the problme with:?

“The Coffee Party Riverbend Chapter is honored to have a dedicated communicator who has worked so hard to improve understanding between diverse groups, address us and answer our questions,” Davis said. “As a member or supporter of the Coffee Party, I pledge to conduct myself in a way that is civil, honest and respectful toward people with whom I disagree. I value people from different cultures, I value people with different ideas, and I value and cherish the democratic process.”

it even says he is a patiotic American Moslem.

Oh yea, tolerance, hate that.

mak2

Again I cant see the video so if I am missing something I am sure someone will point it out, but..

What is the difference in not allowing a Moslem speak in you coffee shop (unless no one can) and not serving a black at your soda foutain?

jpr62902

SUPER Site Supporter
Again I cant see the video so if I am missing something I am sure someone will point it out, but..

What is the difference in not allowing a Moslem speak in you coffee shop (unless no one can) and not serving a black at your soda foutain?

It seems you've answered your own question. The owner doesn't want his coffee shop turned into a political forum. In his estimation, it would be bad for bidness.

mak2

Oh yea, one more thing, why were you guys discussing someone that wouldnt let anyone speak at his coffeeshop? I dunno, I just well of course you guys werent gloating a lib got ran out of a coffee shop, right?

jpr62902

SUPER Site Supporter
I was only lamenting his ill founded and adolescent sense of entitlement.

Cowboy

Wait for it.
GOLD Site Supporter
Oh yea, one more thing, why were you guys discussing someone that wouldnt let anyone speak at his coffeeshop? I dunno, I just well of course you guys werent gloating a lib got ran out of a coffee shop, right?

Jeeze Mak I posted it cuz I never heard a the coffee party & thought it was interesting . Why is it everyone has to have an evil motive in your mind . this is a discussion forum aint it ? I thought it was anyway . :unsure:

mak2

Jeeze Mak I posted it cuz I never heard a the coffee party & thought it was interesting . Why is it everyone has to have an evil motive in your mind . this is a discussion forum aint it ? I thought it was anyway . :unsure:

That line is getting kinda wore out there Cowboy. I understand it is a discussion forum, sometimes in a discussion forum, well, in some forums, someone might discuss a point that does not exactly agree with you. Shocking I know, and any dissention is best met with some post like this. What did I do that wasnt discussion?

SShepherd

He's well within his rights to refuse a group from having a meeting in his shop, it's HIS shop! He says he doesn't want it to become a place for political/religious meeting, thats fine and dandy, he doesn't want to piss of his other customers.
A little curious, the people who are mad, maybe they should meet at someones house, or here's a novel idea--RENT A FRIGGIN HALL ! Don't use a guys coffee shop for your meetings.

mak2

I was just pointing out how funny it is we are talking about a guy who does not want ANY speakers at his coffee shop. Fine, speakers at coffee shops get on my nerves. But why are we talking about it? Oh yea, it was a Moslem on Sep 11. That's all.

jpr62902

SUPER Site Supporter
I was just pointing out how funny it is we are talking about a guy who does not want ANY speakers at his coffee shop. Fine, speakers at coffee shops get on my nerves. But why are we talking about it? Oh yea, it was a Moslem on Sep 11. That's all.

Or maybe it's because some Krazy Kos Kid was crying that he should be able to have his political functions wherever the f he wanted.

It all depends on how you want to look at it.

mak2

Re: COFFEE PARTY CANNED… Local Coffee Shop Gives Leftist Group the Boot

First couple paragraphs about patriotic Moslem etc.....purely cooincidental, really it is about a Krazy Kos Kid (what is that anyway) doing what ever he wanted. OK. Fine, really. I believe you.

loboloco

Re: COFFEE PARTY CANNED… Local Coffee Shop Gives Leftist Group the Boot

First couple paragraphs about patriotic Moslem etc.....purely cooincidental, really it is about a Krazy Kos Kid (what is that anyway) doing what ever he wanted. OK. Fine, really. I believe you.
Mak, a political group invited a speaker into a private business without the owners consent. End of story. That would be like me inviting the local swingers club into your living room without getting your permission first.

mak2

Obviously it was posted because it was libs (leftist group the boot) getting kicked out because they had a Moslem speaker. I did not write the title of the post. But yea, I am sure it was just because a generic buisness threw out a generic speaker. then he whined. hehe. Really. I understand and I ahve not seen the video. I was just reading the story.

loboloco

Obviously it was posted because it was libs (leftist group the boot) getting kicked out because they had a Moslem speaker. I did not write the title of the post. But yea, I am sure it was just because a generic buisness threw out a generic speaker. then he whined. hehe. Really. I understand and I ahve not seen the video. I was just reading the story.
Actually, Mak. If a conservative group were this discourteous I would put it here. The problem was mostly in the video which you jave not yet viewed. A mental midget attempting to compare this to a refusal to serve a black. Not anywhere near the same, as anyone with half a brain cell would recognize.

SShepherd

Again you argue for the sake of argueing............

The reason it made news is because Mr. "i'm too cheap to rent a meeting room" obviously called the TV news station and threw complaints about discrimination.
H's too cheap to rent a room, if he feels he's been so slighted( he even campares his plight to that of racism in the south-go figure) let him hire a lawyer . I bet he's not going to do that either:yum:

mak2

"Again you argue for the sake of argueing"............this is another line used over and over.....what does it mean? Is this not a discussion forum? It is another bash a liberal thread, just admit it. Besides, I cant argue with myself for the sake of arugeing with myself or however you say that, so dont answer me then.

mak2

Bingo. Do you disagree with my characterization?

No probably not. In fact that might be a very conscise way to sum up his political beliefs. I have not seen the vid, but you are probably right.

My point with that though was why do you get to call us whatever that was, but I get in trouble when I call you guys wing nuts? Just askin.

mak2

Actually, Mak. If a conservative group were this discourteous I would put it here. The problem was mostly in the video which you jave not yet viewed. A mental midget attempting to compare this to a refusal to serve a black. Not anywhere near the same, as anyone with half a brain cell would recognize.

Ok I understand I cant see the video, but I said early on from the title of the thread and the part I could read of the story, it would lead a reasonable person (me, at least I think) to believe the story was posted to gloat about a bunch of libs getting thrown out of a coffee shop. I should have known you guys would never have done that. Like I said, my fault.

jpr62902

SUPER Site Supporter
No probably not. In fact that might be a very conscise way to sum up his political beliefs. I have not seen the vid, but you are probably right.

My point with that though was why do you get to call us whatever that was, but I get in trouble when I call you guys wing nuts? Just askin.

Your answer lay within your own post. I wasn't calling you a wingnut. You, however, seem to lump all on the other side of aisle into a category best reserved for the fringe nut cases. Just my inference.

Cowboy

Wait for it.
GOLD Site Supporter
Ok I understand I cant see the video, but I said early on from the title of the thread and the part I could read of the story, it would lead a reasonable person (me, at least I think) to believe the story was posted to gloat about a bunch of libs getting thrown out of a coffee shop. I should have known you guys would never have done that. Like I said, my fault.

Mak I didn,t write or change the title , But I did watch the vid . Where in my first post did I say anything about anybody , I just found it interesting . Sorry I,ll try not to post anything I think others might be interested in anymore :unsure:

jpr62902

SUPER Site Supporter
Mak I didn,t write or change the title , But I did watch the vid . Where in my first post did I say anything about anybody , I just found it interesting . Sorry I,ll try not to post anything I think others might be interested in anymore :unsure:

C'mon Cowboy. It's a politics\religion forum. Everyone gets their feathers ruffled from time to time.:biggrin: