• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

9-11 Terrorist sentenced to 15 years in jail???

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Personally I think the German court system sucks. The convict a guy in the 9-11 terrorist attacks on the World Trade Center and Pentagon and the downing of 4 aircraft and the deaths of 3000 people.

He only got 15 years and that is the MAXIMUM penalty? :wtf:

ap_small.gif

German court gives Moroccan max for 9/11

By SIMONE UTLER, Associated Press Writer 18 minutes ago

A Moroccan convicted as an accessory to murder in the Sept. 11, 2001, attacks was sentenced Monday to the maximum 15 years in prison, minutes after telling the son of a woman killed that day "my future is ruined."

A federal appeals court convicted Mounir el Motassadeq, a friend of three of the suicide pilots, in November of knowingly helping the hijackers and sent the case to a state court in Hamburg for sentencing.

Just before Monday's verdict, the 32-year-old defendant spoke with an American whose mother died on board one of the planes that crashed into the World Trade Center.

Dominic Puopolo Jr., a co-plaintiff in the case, earlier joined prosecutors in calling for the maximum penalty, urging the judges to consider the "human and emotional cost" of the 2001 attacks.

"Anyone who helped in this has earned stiff punishment," presiding Judge Carsten Beckmann said after announcing Monday's verdict.

When the court granted El Motassadeq a final chance to speak, the slightly built, bearded man turned to Puopolo to say, "I understand your suffering. ... The same thing is being done to me, my kids, my parents, my family — my future is ruined."

Puopolo said he forgave el Motassadeq, and reminded him that he would one day be freed.

"You have a chance to rebuild your life and be back with your family. Others don't," Puopolo said. "Your life is not over, but my mom's is."

thcri

Gone But Not Forgotten
Well, when he gets out of jail, someone should just take care of what the court system did not. Obviously we can't trust the courts anymore. What happened to an eye for an eye and a tooth for a tooth??

murph