• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

1975 military st4, source needed for 24volt parts

tortoise7

greetings from the north central cascades.

i am in search of the distributor cap and points for the 24 volt system.

plenty of rotors to be found but nothing else.

this is my first post so i will let you know that i have chassis #1800 military st4 that is used on a near daily basis to haul wood or pack trails and a semi-weekly basis for supply runs to the nearest open (read plowed) road.

this unit has a custom aluminium diamond plate hard top (previous owner built it) and a freshly rebuilt engine that i am carefully breaking in.

Thank You All for allowing me to share in this excellent online resource.

regards;
tortoise7

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
I don't have any answer for you on that part but just wanted to welcome you to the ForumsForums website. Lyndon is our resident historian on the various types of Snow Tracs and configurations and seems to know parts sources when everyone else comes up blank. He does pipeline work and checks in here every couple of days. I'm going to guess that he might have some information for you on the 24 volt system.

Have you considered changing it over to a 12 volt?

It sounds like you have an unusual Snow Trac, can you share some photos?

tortoise7

Thanks for the reply.
I will check in with Lyndon.
here are a couple of small pics.

regards;
tortoise7

Attachments

• snoTracFrontView.jpg
    snoTracFrontView.jpg
    40 KB · Views: 241
  • snowTracSideView.jpg
    snowTracSideView.jpg