• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Another Spider Thread

EastTexFrank

GOLD Site Supporter
We'd just finished a late dinner, I'd plonked myself down in my chair and started looking for something worth watching on TV when my wife slowly stroll up in front of me and says, "There's a Tarantula on my kitchen floor". That's all. Nothing else. she just stood there. Of course what was implied was, "And what are YOU going to do about it".

I looked at her for a few seconds and decided that silence on my part was probably the smart option. I dragged my sorry butt out of the chair and marched through to the kitchen with her 2 steps behind.

There he was and he was a big bugger, sitting right in the middle of the floor. I walked around him, pulled a fly swatter from the broom closet and belted that sucker with a forehand that Roger Federer would have been proud of. I hit him so hard there were legs and bits flying all over. And how did the love of my life greet her hero, her shining knight who saved her from mortal danger .... with a, "WELL I COULD HAVE DONE THAT!!!". Then why the hell didn't you!!! No, I didn't say it but I thought it.

What the hell is going on here. That's a tarantula and a scorpion both found inside the house in just over a week. I killed another Tarantula in the driveway just outside the house. I've sprayed the whole yard with insecticide twice in the last 2 weeks. I sprayed around all the windows and doors, inside and out, plus any other possible entrance point with a super dooper insecticide that's supposed to stay active for 3 months and still the buggers are getting in the house. If I spray again I'm going to turn the yard in to a toxic no-go zone and have the EPA down on my ass.

Is there anybody else out there who is having problems like this?

AAUTOFAB1

Bronze Member
SUPER Site Supporter
they were inside the house before you sprayed and thus not affected buy the insecticide, most likely there are more of them,after the food supply started dwindling they started coming out looking for food,late at night, creeping threw your house climbing all over you stuff,while your sleeping....in your bedroom....

EastTexFrank

GOLD Site Supporter
they were inside the house before you sprayed and thus not affected buy the insecticide, most likely there are more of them,after the food supply started dwindling they started coming out looking for food,late at night, creeping threw your house climbing all over you stuff,while your sleeping....in your bedroom....

Ah shit. And I was just about to go to bed. Thanks. Do you think I should wake my wife up and tell her your theory?. Nah, probably not. If you're right, she'll find out soon enough. :yum::yum::yum:

Sleep tight. :clap::clap:

bczoom

Super Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
For inside the house, I like using Boric Acid. The best source is to just buy some laundry enhancer products. I use 20 mule team which is available at most grocery or department stores. Just lay a bead across places they would walk. I put it on floor sill plates, inside walls during construction, under cabinets... Once they walk through it, their demise is imminent.
20-mule-team-borax.jpg

Another common option is to get some Diatomaceous earth. Same results.

For both, put them in places where pets can't get (but it shouldn't bother them unless they roll around in it or eat a bunch) as well as places that don't get cleaned/vacuumed so you don't have to re-treat regularly.

For either, if kept dry where placed, it'll do it's thing for years to come. Works on all bugs that cross over it.

Cowboy

Wait for it.
GOLD Site Supporter
For inside the house, I like using Boric Acid. The best source is to just buy some laundry enhancer products. I use 20 mule team which is available at most grocery or department stores. Just lay a bead across places they would walk. I put it on floor sill plates, inside walls during construction, under cabinets... Once they walk through it, their demise is imminent.
20-mule-team-borax.jpg

Another common option is to get some Diatomaceous earth. Same results.

For both, put them in places where pets can't get (but it shouldn't bother them unless they roll around in it or eat a bunch) as well as places that don't get cleaned/vacuumed so you don't have to re-treat regularly.

For either, if kept dry where placed, it'll do it's thing for years to come. Works on all bugs that cross over it.
X2 on the DE. It takes a little while for it to control the problem, but it will eliminate it completly eventually. :wink:

Just use caution not to breath it or get it in your eyes when applying as its very irritating, kind of like millions of pieces of very tiny broken glass. :doh:

I also use it at the base of our old trees that have been invaded by carpenter ants the last several decades, it is the ONLY thing i have found that works. :wink: