• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Rare Unique Historic Snow Cat

mtntopper

Back On Track
SUPER Site Supporter
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] 4b2e_12.jpg[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]5ad4_12.jpg[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]734d_12.jpg[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]4329_12.jpg[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Vehicle Description : ALLIS CHALMERS M7 SNOW TRACTOR-1944 [/FONT]

Allis Chalmers serial. # 264 of 291 total units produced in 1944. (only year of production) Used to rescue downed artic pilots in WWII. Go to: http://www.geocities.com/grnegnham2001/Allis_Chalmers_M7_Snow_Tractor.html for for more information. (This snow tractor is on web site under Ken Roggow's M7). This unit has many N.O.S. parts some of which include: all canvas (including the track spring covers), tracks (N.O.S. from 1944) which have been used only for loading and unloading from the trailer at shows, all wiring harnesses (with perfect PAPER tag numbers on the wires). Bearings, seals, and brakes have been replaced. See pictures of restoration. Featured in "Army Motors" issue #66. Engine and drive train is Willy's MB. This unit has the all brass axle housing, brass axle tubes and brass brake housings. The front fenders are skis which can be used in combination with the wheels, or the tires can be mounted on side of the tractor for ski only useage. The tires are original issue. This is truly a rare piece of history. Not only to the military historian, but to the Allis Chalmer collector. (The curator of the Allis Chalmer Museum came to MI just to see this M7). Of course we shouldn't forget the snowmachine collector. I do not belive in reserve auctions and my starting price is the least I would take for the tractor. I would need $5000.00 within 3 days of close of auction and balance at time of pick up. I would take paypal if funds are taken from your checking or bank account (I don't want to pay paypal fee on this amount).

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ALLI...oryZ6737QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

fogtender

Now a Published Author
Site Supporter
When I first saw the photo, it looked like a farm tractor that had tracks bolted to it, which is pretty much is... The tracks are the same as on the Weasel, which were not all that great to start with, but if it did save any lives for it being there in snow country, then it was a great tool for the time! Kinda pricey for something to sit on display though $15,900.00 to start with, and no bids to date... Regardless, it is nice to see that someone is keeping the old stuff up and running!