• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

What are you doing today?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
I hooked up the trailer and bought 3 scoops of mulch and wifey and I got it all spread out in the flower beds. Whew. Wore me out. I had procrastinated on this for as long as I could. I finally got tired of hearing "Those flower beds really need some mulch". :yum:

So what are you up to (today, tomorrow etc.)?

OhioTC18

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
Last Saturday 20 bags of mulch. Tuesday 25 bags. Today 10 more.

thcri

Gone But Not Forgotten
Took the tiller off the tractor, Loader and bucket on so I can put the mower dck on, take loader off and try to start mowing one of two times. The grass is so long it will have to be done in two. I started out still too wet just lumps up.

OhioTC18

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
Took the tiller off the tractor, Loader and bucket on so I can put the mower dck on, take loader off and try to start mowing one of two times. The grass is so long it will have to be done in two. I started out still too wet just lumps up.

That's why I got the ZTR

muleman

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
Took half the covers off the greenhouse fans and stacked some more wood. Then wife and I planted 12 maple trees and 7 cedar trees along the lane. I am down to 8 bags of mulch so I need to take the truck and get another pallet. $280 bucks!:w00t2: Dug some more dandelions out of the one flower bed and now she wants the 3 crabapples that she swore were blueberries dug out. If it was up to me I would hook my small chain around them and rip them out with the backhoe. Still might do that if she goes away.:yum::yum:

loboloco

Set up irrigation system in one field. Started prepping for a sale tomorrow. Trying not to go nuts.

Ironman

I cut down a dead tree today with my Stihl 026 and trusty farm boss. I had to stand in the bucket of the skid steer to saw and push the tree over with the 580L extendahoe. :mrgreen: It was to windy to get the line truck out. Pretty red neckish way of doing it but I didn't take out any buildings this time. :clap:

Attachments

• trees 001.jpg
    trees 001.jpg
    125.4 KB · Views: 1,962
  • trees 002.jpg
    trees 002.jpg
    79 KB · Views: 1,868

muleman

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
Looks like me and the Amish kids were there. Standing in the bucket beats the hell out of trying to work from a ladder. Safer also.:flowers:

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
Went to work today. Came home and cleaned the house so I don't have to do much this weekend. Heading out in the morning to find some mud with the atv's. Got company coming tomorrow afternoon:wink: and staying till sunday:brows:.

Should be a good weekend again!:brows:

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
I worked today.
TGIF!
Got the next 3 days off!
Nothing planned for the weekend other than cleaning, catching up on my laundry.. oh and hanging out on here much more than I should.. heh!

Ice Queen

Bronze Member
SUPER Site Supporter
Today (Saturday) getting the Landrover out of the barn and hooking up its trailer to go to my first rally of the season later today.

squerly

Supported Ben Carson
GOLD Site Supporter
Firing up my favorite twisty-turn car for a ride through the mountains. Probably end up in Helen GA for lunch and then a nice leisurely cruse back to the cabin. Forward… a burger awaits!

thcri

Gone But Not Forgotten
Looks like I will be hunting House Sparrows all day. It seems as though there is a war going on outside. The bluebirds already have been forced out of their homes. The Tree Swallows are back helping the Bluebirds but it seems like the House Sparrows have come to help already. I have caught one House Sparrow already but it looks like I have a ways to go. But if I do nothing the House Sparrows will eventually kill the Blue Birds and Tree Swallows.

muleman

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
Didn't you leave yet? Must be a late lunch.:whistling: I am stacking more wood since it cooled down a good bit. Taking a break from climbing up and down filling in the top rows. Need to mow again if it ever dries off.

bczoom

Super Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Bill - why bagged mulch (at $280)? A full truck or trailer load can be had for less then 1/2 of that. It all looks the same after a month or so.

Don't know what I did the other day but somehow hurt my lower back. Will putter today but not get into anything requiring a lot of bending as that's when it hurts most.

muleman

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
Bill - why bagged mulch (at $280)? A full truck or trailer load can be had for less then 1/2 of that. It all looks the same after a month or so.

Don't know what I did the other day but somehow hurt my lower back. Will putter today but not get into anything requiring a lot of bending as that's when it hurts most.
A tri axle load runs over $500. Had bad luck with it as they bring a lot of thistle seed with it. It actually covers more with a pallet full and last longer. With all the pellet factories running up here the only place that does bulk mulch charges out the butt and is over 35 miles away. He only sells tri axle loads period. As far as the back, have you been digging a lot? Or working the wife?:yum::yum:

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
That is sure different than here. All the lawn and garden places get bulk mulch and sell it by the scoop load (bobcat scoop). They dump it in your truck or trailer. 3 scoops is all my 6x12 utility trailer could hold. The scoops cost only 26 dollars each. Much more economical than by the bag. Easy to pull the trailer close to where you want it, then I would shovel it into a trash can and my wife would dump them and spread it where she wanted it. We found that way to be better than throwing shovel fulls at the places that needed the mulch. Sure glad I don't have to buy it by the bag. Even if it cost the same, this way seems like less hassle.

Today my back is recuperating from shoveling all that mulch. Pulled out one of the SIL's boats. Cleaned it up. If the rain drizzle quits this afternoon there is a good chance we'll dump the boat in the water for a little cruise. :D

OhioTC18

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
I'm going to be hiding today. There is a bridal shower happening this afternoon here at the house. I was told if I made an appearance, I'd have to become the stripper.

waybomb

GOLD Site Supporter
Just yanked out a glass block window that was next to the front door and put a 6' tall casement in. Taking a break, then it's on to caulking and trim.

Then I am done for the weekend., Hopefully the sun will come out so I can sit on the dock, have some Cabernet, Ardbeg, or Frida Kahlo, and a Cuban.

Big prime strips later too!

squerly

Supported Ben Carson
GOLD Site Supporter
We're back. Drove 100 miles through the twisty, turny mountains and had a blast. Stopped for lunch at The Safari Steakhouse.

Here's a couple of pics.

710 hp, 996 Twin Turbo Porsche. (730 Ft Lbs of Torque) :brows:

g1%2520007.jpg

g1%2520008.jpg

g1%2520011.jpg

Check out the license plate!

g1%2520009.jpg

The Safari Steakhouse. The weather was awesome so we ate outside.

g1%2520015.jpg

No need for a GPS with directions like this!

g1%2520020.jpg

And here is some real horsepower!

g1%2520023.jpg

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Beautiful car squerly!!!!!!!!! :clap: :clap: I love doing twisty curvy drives like that just for fun, though I've never had the chance to do it in a car like that.

We got one boat wet today. Put one of the SIL's runabout boats in and took it for a cruise for the little bit this afternoon when the sun was out. Lots of trash in the river but it was just nice to get back out on the water. With luck the houseboat should be in the water in one or two weeks.

joec

GOLD Site Supporter
Grand daughter, her husband and 3 kids showed up about 1 AM last night. They are moving back to Kentucky after a year in their home state of Louisiana on Doctor's orders. It seems my Grand daughter, her husband and 2 of the kids are suffering badly from something in the air down there. They have had acute bronchitis since going back a couple of years ago after about a year here. My grand daughter was diagnosed with cystic fibrosis about 2 years ago now. Other than that not much as we are open on Saturdays also at least till 3 PM.

tiredretired

The Old Salt
SUPER Site Supporter
Outdoor planting this morning at the church, mowed the lawn and washed the Sonata this afternoon.

BTW, the Sonata has no big wing on the back and exactly 510 less HP. But it does get 35MPG. :biggrin:

I just did the math. Your Porsche has more horsepower than all three of my vehicles and my tractor combined. :yum::clap:

Just picking on you Squerly. Nice car. I would kill myself in that thing. LOL. I cannot make out the license plate.

Starting tomorrow we are off to Maine for 5 days of seafood, seafood and more seafood. Yeah baby!!

squerly

Supported Ben Carson
GOLD Site Supporter
BTW, the Sonata has no big wing on the back and exactly 510 less HP. But it does get 35MPG. :biggrin: I cannot make out the license plate.
The license plate says "2-Squrly". (The original Squerly is a 930 Porsche that I had for about 10 years. I sold him a few months ago to a good friend in Texas and he's keeping the original name.)

When driven moderately this one gets 28 MPG. I used this car for track days for several years, which explains the ugly ass wing. At the track with the turbos spooling, it gets closer to 7 MPG. Requires 100 octane (or greater) fuel, which gets a little pricy at $10+ bucks a gallon, but it's sure a blast to drive.

JEV

Mr. Congeniality
GOLD Site Supporter
After a day of hard work, the Jaccuzi tub is fully plumbed and operational. I think someone will be enjoying it tonight, even though it's still a construction zone. :yum:

IMG_0173.jpg

IMG_0174.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.