• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

unique CL finds

muleman

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
Heck I have one very similar to that has a carbide pot for the heat and light. Maybe I should sell it.

California

Charter Member
Site Supporter
I wish I had copied the picture from a CL ad I saw.

The ad was for an obscure brand of Japanese tractor that was imported in small numbers into the Pacific Northwest, and only for a few years. Satoh, I think.

His price was fair and his description was the usual - low hours, good condition etc, "except for a small problem that should be easy to fix".

I scrolled down to the photo and his tractor was broken in half at the gearshift lever, a perfect V shape.

Good luck selling that one! :biggrin:

muleman

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
Satoh is not obscure! I have one in the garage and it is a little worker for tight quarters and grading gravel back onto the road every spring. There are quite a few of them around the country. He most likely split it to repair a frozen clutch. I did mine last year.

California

Charter Member
Site Supporter
As I understand it, Satohs are excellent. I was seriously considering it when I saw his price.

But they are rare here. Isn't the only US dealer in Hawaii?

This tractor was in a 'V' shape after the transmission casting broke in two. I think it was caused by a poorly designed loader addition. The cost of getting it back in service would exceed the value of the tractor.

His "small problem that should be easy to fix" was a little optimistic, I think. :sad:

muleman

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
Dealers in Virginia ,Illinois and Oregon that I know of. There is a good yahoo group for them with tons of info as well.

muleman

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
Heck I bought a map of the town I live in similar to that on e-bay. A town up here is a township to most folks. It is from the 1800's and really unique with the names of roads and creeks that are very different from today. I might donate it to the local historical group if I ever move.