• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

PB 270 Hydraulic Fitting Question

schmidt

Have a leaking hydraulic elbow around the collar nut. Is this a compression fitting, or is there an O ring? This an early 80's PB 270. Thanks in advance.

Attachments

• IMG_4254.jpg
    IMG_4254.jpg
    89.3 KB · Views: 173
  • IMG_4256.jpg
    IMG_4256.jpg
    95.6 KB · Views: 166
  • IMG_4257.jpg
    IMG_4257.jpg
    88.4 KB · Views: 174

Dr. Zaugg

It is a steel on steel compression fitting. Just tighten it up....tight.
You can get those fittings from any Parker hydraulic store. They are DIN fittings.

schmidt

Thanks for the input! Tried tightening with singlehanded pressure. Would you suggest more strength, double handed all I can through at it? Can they be overtightened and make the leak worse? Thank you!

schmidt

Update: Just above the elbow there is a clamp with two nuts that hold that pipe in place. I loosened them. Then from on top were the pipe is bent downward first with a rubber mallet then a brass hammer the pipe went down no more then a 1/8” into the elbow. Tightened everything back up and no leaks at least at idle. Thanks again everybody for your insights.

olympicorange

It is a steel on steel compression fitting. Just tighten it up....tight.
You can get those fittings from any Parker hydraulic store. They are DIN fittings.

……. G.I.S:. … german institute for standardization... :thumbup: bspp is pretty common application,...