• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

TSA opppps

MNoutdoors RIP

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
This is boggie, found out the TSA does not like 40 cal clips in your carry on :sad:
Grabbed a leather carry on had not used in a couple of years, threw my stuff in in a hurry out the door.

Got pulled at check point, gee wonder what's up? Guess I had a clip inside :whistling:with one round hollow point :hammer:now I feel like a fugitive.

Glad the Glock was not there! Had to have a conversation with the local sheriff
And then boarded, I quess if it happens again there could be a fine :flowers:

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
So how is 1 hollow point in a magazine a threat when there is no gun anywhere to be seen?

I understand if they take the 1 round, but if they confiscated my Glock mag I'd be a little more than perturbed. Then again I am not a fan of the TSA and think they are just an illusion of safety, more of a drama play to placate the sheep into believing that something is being done. But I'm also the guy who, because of my beard and dark curly hair, got pulled out of line for EVERY FLIGHT for a couple of years for additional security checks after 9-11 ... doesn't seem to be an issue now that my hair has turned mostly grey. But my daughter, much younger then, would ask my wife, where are they taking daddy?

Lyndon

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
You know that old saying ;"Out law guns and only criminals will have guns"? Well it could be: Outlaw guns and only Texans will have guns.
At our morning safety meetings, held 7 days a week, we regularly reminded our entire workforce about this TSA stuff. even though we were working close to the real North Pole,(800 miles away), in Alaska, a significant percentage, like 1/3, was from Texas and regularly had similar stories. Just wearing clothes when you had been at the range would have enough Gunpowder Residue to set off the sniffers used by TSA. We had a guy that did custom loading. He was always bringing up custom rounds, some for our security guys. Eventually, shortly after 9/11 they advised him that he better not bring up any more ammo.

Big Dog

Large Member
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Best friend had 1-9mm found in a backpack years ago .............. he's still a marked man at the airport!!!