• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Tucker 442 bearing cap/sprocket axle help

Track Addict

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Got the tracks back on and was looking over the rear pontoons because I am not redoing till next year.

It appears there is a different axle and hub setup in here.

Tuckerville can hopefully weight in. It looks to me like this has a stock dodge 8 3/4 rear axle. The sprocket offset is installed reverse from the other three to account for the shorter axle. There is a hub extension that then bolts to the outside of sprocket and sandwiches sprocket to hub. That the rides on pontoon bearing cap like the rest.

Seems good was going to grease. Don't want to take this apart till next year.

Help!:hammer::w00t2:

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    189.1 KB · Views: 281

j farm

GOLD Site Supporter
My '52 has a setup like that with the outer axle extension that sandwiches the sprocket between the hub and extension. The other style does not use the extension it has a longer axle with the bearing support welded to the hub.

Don Coyote

I'm lost,..... what was your question? :mellow:

Are you saying that the rear tracks are spread wider apart than the front?

Or there are two different axles, and they compensated with hub-extensions to make them appear to be the same width?

Track Addict

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Apparently they used long axles later in life.
Turns out one was changed to an older short style for some reason?

Plan in switching back to long to match the other 3 next year. Too much snow to play with now.