• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Beef Tri tip...

300 H and H

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Can you buy what is called tri tip in your area? A few days ago I asked the local meat market about it. They said they have it but don't usually sell it whole, but rather make a strip steak out of a butterflied cross cut section. I asked if I could see a whole piece of what he by then was refering to as a "cap" or maybe as a sirloin cap....

Anyway I bought the whole piece or sirloin cap. It is roughly trangular in shape, and cut on only one end. I used one of my favorite rubs 24hrs in advance and put it in the smoker for three hours.

Killer! Teneder and juicy, favorfull too....I do believe this is what is known as Tri tip out in the western USA. Very interesting cut of meat for sure...

Regards, Kirk

luvs

'lil yinzer~
GOLD Site Supporter
that is a readily available cut of beef near me. its name differs in various regions. i have 1 in my freezer. very delicious when cooked properly.

luvs

'lil yinzer~
GOLD Site Supporter
me~ there's, i think, @ least 4 variations on that cut's title. i'll find my frozen 1 later. i'll post a pic. i'm too tired & hafta be awake in a few hours.

Umberto

I love it. Usually I flour and fry, then put in goulas or steak and Guinness. It's excellent as beef and noodles.

I get it all the time at the commissary.