• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Wanted:Bombardier J5

pixie

SUPER Site Supporter
Wanted for use in woods.

Any condition considered.Eastern half of continent.

Thanks

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Pixie, I was going to suggest you also post on the Grooming forums because they have more equipment dealers over there, but then I saw you alread did make a post!

Have you tried a google search for one? I came up with a couple hits in Canada, I didn't follow up to see if they are valid hits, but they were Newfoundlnad and Quebec. Both are due north of you. You should also keep your eye on Ebay, I've seen a couple of them for sale there this summer. We don't have anyone here on the Forums who posts that has a Bombardier (at least not that I know of) so I don't link posts to the Bombardiers I see for sale on Ebay, but if I see one I'll let you know. I know there are some for sale in the US now, but all the J5s I've seen in the US are way out west.

Here is one, but its out west at Bill Guthrie's Snotrans site:

Attachments

• Bombardier_J5.JPG
    Bombardier_J5.JPG
    49.3 KB · Views: 286
  • Bombardier_J5_2.JPG
    Bombardier_J5_2.JPG
    48.1 KB · Views: 286

pixie

SUPER Site Supporter
Thanks, guys :D

Keep your eyes open for me.

The ones in Canada, so far, are sold or phone disconnected or answer in French...which I don't :yum: (answering machine .... not a clue what they said)

There is one for sale near here but 2 of the wheels are crooked :confused: but it IS fairly cheap and 6 cyl..

bczoom

Super Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
pixie said:
The ones in Canada, so far, are sold or phone disconnected or answer in French...which I don't :yum: (answering machine .... not a clue what they said)
A good guess may be "I'm not home, please leave a message"... :hide: :yum:

pixie

SUPER Site Supporter
bc...they talked quite a bit if that was all they said ???

Here is pics of the one I looked at the other day. Almost looks likes it's been rolled in the pics but not as bent looking in person.
The right rear wheel and left front wheel are not in line with the others. The guy claims to have checked the bearings. He wants $5500. Compared to Lyndon's, I'd offer about $2000.

Attachments

• pixJ52W.jpg
    pixJ52W.jpg
    41.2 KB · Views: 259
  • pixJ51W.jpg
    pixJ51W.jpg
    41 KB · Views: 254

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Pixie, I agree on the price. That one will need a lot of work to make it look 1/2 as good as Lyndon's unit. How did the engine sound?

Did you get a chance to drive it around? I wonder if the two wheels that are out of alignment might have been hit while it was parked. If so they may look out alignment but there may simply be enough play in them to have moved slightly and if that is the case, then after a test drive they should have come into alignment. If they really are out of alignment, then they would stay out of alignment after moving, and that would also mean it would be a project to tear into. Given the general visual appearance/condition, do you trust his statement that he checked the bearings?

pixie

SUPER Site Supporter
I didn't start or drive it. The looks were enough to scare me . I just wanted to look at one up close and that one is about half an hour away.

I don't trust the guy. He drove it to where it is....I'd guess. The wheels didn't yeild to a good hard foot push. I would certainly want to watch it being driven. I think something is bent but there is no major bend in the plates that clamp the axle carrier to the frame.Maybe the wheels themselves are bent :confused2:

I don't want a project...I want a small, tracked skidder.... that works today and next week. My Thiokol works great but , as I said, hasn't enough ground clearance and I don't want to wreck it because it's in very good shape.

Maybe a long road trip is in order :D