• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

I can't find it!!

thcri

Gone But Not Forgotten
A thread on recommended tires for pickups. I believe BcZoom started it some time ago and I did a search but nothing comes up. I need new tires for my pickup. Any help or suggestions would be appreciated

BRGTold

Bronze Member
SUPER Site Supporter
Thcri.... tire sizes mean alot anymore i think.. but the best deal i found awhile back for P235/75R15 XL+MS for my F150.. was just alittle over $400 at Sams Club...for 4 mounted and ballanced....B,

bczoom

Super Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
I could have swore I did create a thread on truck tires but I can't find it either.

I did recently put new tires on my truck. I ended up with Michelin's (LTX A/T 2 M&S?). They're a bit stiff when new on an unloaded 1/2 ton but they've calmed down after about 1000 miles. The ones I picked are better rated for a 3/4 or 1 ton truck as I believe they're load range E and rated for 3,000#'s per tire. UTQG was something like 500 so they're going to last me for years.

Best pricing was on an E-bay retailer. I can look it up if you want but I believe a set of 4 was around $700-750 shipped.

thcri

Gone But Not Forgotten
Brian

No need to look up. I can get prices when I decide what tire I want. Because I travel alot I am looking more for a good riding tire. I put on about 45k per year. I had thought in your original thread there was a Firestone tire that was rated pretty high and used by others here.

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
I was thinking of something totally different when I read the thread title.:whistling:

Anyho...onto the actual topic. I've got wild country xtx tires on my truck. They've been a good tire so far with good traction both on and off road. The ride is a little stiff though.

Trakternut

I was thinking of something totally different when I read the thread title.:whistling: So was I.

Anyho...onto the actual topic. I've got wild country xtx tires on my truck. They've been a good tire so far with good traction both on and off road. The ride is a little stiff though.

My first thought was Wild Country myself. Just priced a set of them, 265-75R-16's were quoted at $170/tire.

Cooper, who makes Wild Country tires has another tire a step below which was quoted $150/tire. I forget the name. I'll be putting them on my truck. These are load range B, I believe.... 6-ply tires.