• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Do you eat much fruit ?

BigAl

Gone But Not Forgotten
SUPER Site Supporter
I love it . Peaches , Grapes, Oranges , Necterines , Cherrys , watermelons
Problem is they go through me like grease through a Goose !!!:whistling:
I don't remember having that problem when I was younger ???:unsure:

I like to snack on fruit on long road trips but have to be somewhat careful . Last thing I want to do is be squatting behind a sage bush out on some Nevada Highway 150 miles from the nearest rest stop . :w00t2:
Am I the only person it affects this way ???

XeVfTEUtaAqJHTqq

Master of Distraction
Staff member
SUPER Site Supporter
Apples and Cherries in excess make me gassy in the bad way. Otherwise, I can eat lots of fruit with no problem.

If you are eating an odd diet and not getting enough other stuff to bind you up then the fiber is going to clean you out. ;)

joec

GOLD Site Supporter
I eat a lot of black berries, bananas, apples, grapefruit, oranges, melons such as cantaloupe, watermelon etc., pretty much what is in season. Never had much of a problem with fruit but dairy products I can set my watch by it.

BigAl

Gone But Not Forgotten
SUPER Site Supporter
If you are eating an odd diet and not getting enough other stuff to bind you up then the fiber is going to clean you out. ;)

Clean me out ??? Hell PB ... I can hit a knot hole at 50 feet with my eyes closed !:sad:

DaveNay

Klaatu barada nikto
SUPER Site Supporter
Berries....strawberries, blueberries, blackberries, raspberries, mulberries....love 'em all.

And peaches.

And bananas.

And pineapple.

tsaw

GOLD Site Supporter
Fruit does that to me too. I enjoy eating it, but it can all of a sudden bubble and churn - and make for the need of a toilet right now. :yum:

Never ever remember that happening as a kid.
Hell as a kid - we had mauberry(sp) trees that had blue berries. We would climb the thing and fill our bellies on them. Nothing ever happened.

Rusty Shackleford

Automotive M.D.
SUPER Site Supporter
never thought a thread about fruits would be this graphic.......... :ermm: ill be good :yum:

try dried fruits! i love em!

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
Bananas, oranges.. white seedless grapes, kiwi fruit, watermelon.

I prefer all the above at room temp, except for the watermelon.. that must be chilled.

BamsBBQ

i try to eat fruit daily, not always possible but i try

i will eat most any fruit...depends on the season or the mood...mind you there is nothing like a good mixed fruit salad to cure all cravings

muleman

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
Bumping this thread will give some folks the sh.ts! I love fruits and veggies a lot. I even drink orange juice with high pulp. It helps to counter the meds that will bind you up in a days time if you are not careful. Looking forward to our trees producing in a year or two.:clap:

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
Black Berries are my favorite fruit (seeds and all) followed by Blue berries.

Darkfruits are full of antiOxydents. So there I got lucky.

I munch on dried cranberries or cherries all the time and eat a bannana every morning along with some almonds, rolled oats and walnuts. That and a coffee (black) make my daily breakfast.

I would have made a good squirrel. Or a monkey.

Still trying to do that.

I do not get along well with Strawberries but then, they are not actually a fruit.

Last edited:

Av8r3400

Gone Flyin'
Apparently you're not alone, Al...

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y6hu4aLXv7U"]The George Brett Story - YouTube[/ame]

Adillo303

Diesel Truck Fan
GOLD Site Supporter
I used to start my day with a big glass of grapefruit juice. Then i found out that it does really bad things with blood pressure and cholesterol meds.

Still eat and like berries, apples and bannas.

luvs

'lil yinzer~
GOLD Site Supporter
i have fruit all the time. i just bought a 4-lb. container of grapefruit segments recently. not a problem for me. keeps food going thru me better.

Leni

I used to be able to eat all kinds of fruit but no longer. I have become citrus intolerant. I can't even take a multi vitamin because of the vitamin C in it.

squerly

Supported Ben Carson
GOLD Site Supporter
Love fruit, have all my life. Recently started dehydrating it. Having really good results with that. Makes for great healthy snacks all day.

Leni

I should do that. I've got a dehydrator and my DH is always buying too much fruit, especially bananas. Have you ever frozen grapes? That also makes for a great snack especially in hot weather.

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
I should do that. I've got a dehydrator and my DH is always buying too much fruit, especially bananas. Have you ever frozen grapes? That also makes for a great snack especially in hot weather.
Back when I had a dog, he loved frozen grapes. I still do.

Fairygirl

I love fruit. Blueberries and strawberries are my favorite :) And having a vegan boyfriend, there is always fruit around the house :D