• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

what candle are you burning?

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
LOL!

I like the Kayloma mason jar candles, cinnamon and spice here, then I'll switch scents when it gets closer to Christmas. :)

Bobcat

Je Suis Charlie Hebdo
GOLD Site Supporter
I add a little napalm to the whale oil in my hurricane lamp. :rolleyes:

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
for those of us that burn candles at home, (yes, even the masculine, manly Rusty burns candles,) what do you have going right now? our current burn is the Yankee Candle Autumn Leaves. perfect for the current time of year, although its almost gone :sad:. fills the house with some mighty fine scents, though!

http://www.yankeecandle.com/cgi-bin/ycbvp/product_detail.jsp?oid=3404640

so, what are y'all burnin? :smile:
Yankee does make some of the best candles, Rusty!

I've had several of the small and large jars sitting around, which reminds me.. gotta go to the Hallmark store and get a few.. geez maybe Sush will even send me another Sheer Gardenia:yum:
That thing was so strongly scented, I had to keep the lid on if it wasn't burning :dizzy:

Ice Queen

Bronze Member
SUPER Site Supporter
I burn joss sticks as the scented candles are difficult to come by that are not totally revolting!

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
:ermm:Here's where I get mine.....:unsure:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u-6ph7NWoBM"]YouTube - Mandles Candles for Men, Manly Men[/ame]

Last edited:

muleman

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
There are damn few that I can stomach the smell of. When the wife burns one I am always the one to put it out. Being a fire fighter I hate the dang things. They are OK but folks forget about them and then they are dangerous.

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
There are damn few that I can stomach the smell of. When the wife burns one I am always the one to put it out. Being a fire fighter I hate the dang things. They are OK but folks forget about them and then they are dangerous.
I never burn mine around anything, and always have them sitting on something that is heat-proof, even if it's a new one in a large jar... usually on the kitchen counter.

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
I've been looking around for a hoppes #9 scented candle but haven't found one yet....love that smell. Probably why I like cleaning the guns so much.

JEV

Mr. Congeniality
GOLD Site Supporter
Candles are often used to mask unwelcomed odors. Being a manly man, I often fill the house with odors of...

P1020105.jpg

HoneyWholeWheat-1091909.jpg

P1010601.jpg

P1020075.jpg

AppleLattice-2.jpg

P1010558.jpg

thcri

Gone But Not Forgotten

Ghosting

Being in the New Home Construction, heating and air conditioning I have seen this 3 times in the last ten years. Each time the insurance companies pointed their fingers at candles. Candles have made some major improvements over the years but candles are one thing that are not allowed in our house. This crap is a mess to clean up. It just doesn't show up on the walls but gets into your attic, outlet and light switches.

Deadly Sushi

The One, The Only, Sushi
SUPER Site Supporter

Ghosting

Being in the New Home Construction, heating and air conditioning I have seen this 3 times in the last ten years. Each time the insurance companies pointed their fingers at candles. Candles have made some major improvements over the years but candles are one thing that are not allowed in our house. This crap is a mess to clean up. It just doesn't show up on the walls but gets into your attic, outlet and light switches.

that wont happen if you buy soy-based candles :smile:

Bobcat

Je Suis Charlie Hebdo
GOLD Site Supporter
Oh, great. What next, tofu-based candles? :pat:

Ah well, to each his own, let 'em eat quiche... :rolleyes:

Rusty Shackleford

Automotive M.D.
SUPER Site Supporter
i dont care what anyone says. i will burn a candle if i want. i am a manly man. you CAN be a man and still enjoy the scent of a good candle. especially in the autumn and winter months.

Attachments

• 002.jpg
    002.jpg
    46.2 KB · Views: 54