• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

What do you cook that makes everyone brag on you?

American Woman

Site Supporter
Cory, how can you burn cheesecake??:hammer::yum:
I don't know....that's what he said :confused2: That's why he's an ex :glare: he doesn't know a good cheescake when he sees it :whistling:
Here ya go Cory...

It's actually a fat free recipe but I think that's sacralige.

Ingredients

Crust:

• Cooking spray
  • 1 3/4 cups fat-free vanilla wafer cookie crumbs, or any fat-free cookie crumbs of your choice
  • 1/4 cup unsalted butter, melted
Filling:

• 3 (8-ounce) packages fat-free (or not) cream cheese
  • 1 cup fat-free sour cream
  • 2 cups sugar or sugar substitute (I use Splenda for fat free version)
  • 3 large eggs or 3/4 cup egg substitute
  • 2 teaspoons lemon zest
  • 2 tablespoons lemon juice
Lemon Curd:

• 1 1/2 teaspoons lemon zest
  • 6 tablespoons lemon juice
  • 1 large egg, plus 1 large egg yolk
  • 1/2 cup sugar or sugar substitute (Again, Splenda)
  • 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, cut into bits, or any fat-free butter substitute
Directions

Make crust: Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
Lightly spray a (9-inch) springform pan with cooking spray. Mix crumbs and melted butter in a bowl. Press crumb mixture onto bottom and 1 1/2 inches up side of pan. Many people make the mistake of trying to bring crust all the way to the top of the pan.
Bake for 8 to 10 minutes or until edges are lightly golden and crust is set. Cool on rack.

Make filling: In large bowl with electric mixer on medium-high, beat cream cheese and sour cream for 2 to 3 minutes until fluffy. Gradually beat in sugar or sugar substitute. Beat in eggs, 1 at a time, just until incorporated. Beat in zest and juice. Pour into crust. Bake for 1 hour to 1 hour, 15 minutes, or until center is almost set, but still slightly jiggly. (Do not overbake, as it will firm as it cools). Let cool completely.

I like to bake my cheescake in water. Some people don't. I've actually done this recipe both ways.

Make lemon curd: In the top of a double boiler, combine lemon zest, lemon juice, egg, egg yolk, and sugar or sugar substitute over gently simmering water. Whisk until hot and frothy, about 5 minutes. Gradually whisk in butter and continue whisking for 7 minutes or until thickened and coats back of spoon. Remove from heat and cool for 30 minutes.

Run a thin blade around the edge of the springform pan and remove sides. Transfer to a serving plate. Spread lemon curd over top. Let stand at room temperature for 30 minutes. Garnish with raspberries and zest, if desired. Cool cheesecake in refrigerator several hours or overnight before serving.
Thanks! And it's fat free to too :thumb:

PieSusan

I have been known for my baking all my life. My name Queen of All Things Baked was given to me by someone named Koshersalty. I have a special knack for it.