• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

George Soros - I Agree With What he Said Tonight

Cityboy

Banned
Despite his funding Moveon.org, George Soro's is not the evil man many conservatives make him out to be. The man is a genius, and I watched an interview with him tonight on PBS:

http://www.pbs.org/moyers/journal/10102008/profile.html

Up to the very end when Global Warming got brought up, he made perfect sense. I honestly believe Soros could do a better job with this financial crisis than anyone else we have in Washington right now. The interview is about 20 minutes and is very much worth watching and discussing.

Also on after Soros was Kathleen Hall Jamieson, Author of several books, but one in particular on dirty politics. I think she is the most unbiased author I've ever seen. She exposed oughtright lies and deceptions in both Obama and McCains television ads. It is absolutly worth watching as well:

http://www.pbs.org/moyers/journal/10102008/profile2.html

There's so much bullshit coming from the right and the left. I'm sick and tired of it all. It was educational watching Bill Moyers show tonight and cutting through all the political crap.

Check out these two interviews. You WILL be surprised at what you thought you knew.

American Woman

Site Supporter
Ok, George Soro's talk ....
To me.... I was hearing what my Grandfather used to say, "save your money, and if you don't have cash for it then don't buy it". "Don't try keeping up with your neighbor."
Good old fashioned advice.
Kathleen Hall Jamieson.....Wow....after listening to her I'd be afraid to trust my own Momma in politics....seriously, who can you trust? :shock:

Last edited:

Cityboy

Banned
Toward the end of Moyer's show, they were showing both McCain and Obama rallies and interviewing the attendees of these rallies. After the Obama rally, they interviewd these 4 old white ladies in their 60's - 70's. The interviewer asked if they supported Obama? They all enthusiastically answered "yes". He then asked the ladies what is it that Obama stands for that you like most? Shrugs and silence! They did not have a clue! They just liked the way he spoke, but have no clue what he stands for, but they are going to vote for him anyway!!!!! Holy freaking crap! I could not believe I was watching PBS!!!

Now, my Republican friends, don't get too happy about this. Many McCain supporters drink the Kool-Aide too. They come up with all kinds of peripheral, meaningless crap about Obama, like the Ayers thing and dwell on that. McCain will not win that way. Obama has the ability to eloquently out-speak McCain any day of the week, but the difference between what each of these men say they are going to do is minimal with the exception of who each one would appoint to the Supreme Court, and the Fairness Doctrine which will ultimately strip away our First Amendment rights. That should be the focus of the press, but of course it won't be. Neither will it be the focus of the McCain campaign, and that is why he will lose to Obama.

American Woman

Site Supporter
KATHLEEN HALL JAMIESON:I think they should each ask each other the same question. And the question should be: In light of the unprecedented circumstances in which the country finds itself right now, read the headlines for the last week, what of your taxing and spending plans are you willing to change? And what are your priorities as you ask what will be preserved?
BILL MOYERS:-twice they've been asked that, and they won't answer.
KATHLEEN HALL JAMIESON:Well-
BILL MOYERS:They run like a rabbit.

This is why people "drink the coolaid" Too much double talk, and no real answer.
and the Fairness Doctrine which will ultimately strip away our First Amendment rights. That should be the focus of the press, but of course it won't be. Neither will it be the focus of the McCain campaign, and that is why he will lose to Obama.
This is a very important part of why Republican's vote Republican. I think McCain is too comfortable in the fact he's on a Republican ticket, and now he has a beauty queen for his running mate. So far his ticket to run for President has been handed to him with all the others dropping out for one reason or the other and leaving him the last man standing. People are scared and they are going to vote for anything to take them as far away from this nightmare America's in.
Most,( not all) of the young people 18-30 I talk to are voting for Obama because they want a change. They can't tell me what change they are going to get with Obama. It's like they have becomes stupid with the pressure of life right now.

Cityboy

Banned
While Sorros is a sharholders rights advocate I can not excuse is funding of moveon.org

I don't agree with that either, but that does not negate what the man has done right. And Bush, his cabinet and the federal legislature have exacerbated the situation.

Doing the same things over and over, expecting different results............

It's time for both sides to put the Kool-Aide down and do what is right for America.