• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

HRH's ST4 meets the Alps

Alp Trac

From Balmoral to the French Alps.

My ST4 has retired to pastures white after 40+ years of service on HRH the Queen's pad in Scotland.

Had a great evening on the snow, bit slushy now though as the end of the ski season is only a week away.

Performed very well on the snow, didn't like turning when on the steeper stuff though so will have to give the adjustment of the variator belt a once over. Also might have to find out why I have no brakes :eek:

I am going to try a proper climb up from resort at 1800m to 2600m once the season is over and we have free reign of the slopes again, shame the restaurant at the top will be shut then...:drink:

Will post more pictures if I make it

Adam

Attachments

• DSC01121.JPG
    DSC01121.JPG
    151.3 KB · Views: 459
  • DSC01123.JPG
    DSC01123.JPG
    136.9 KB · Views: 456

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Adam, so I just have one question . . . how wide was the smile on your face when you first drove it?:snow_smi:

As for the brakes, I can live without them because I live in an area with a couple of hills, but basically FLAT land . . . you need to get your brakes fixed. I mailed you the computer disk with the manuals on it, but I suspect it will take some time to get to you.

Alp Trac

Big smiles, especially when I drove off leaving my mate who had come to take the photos, and he started after me only to sink to his thighs on the snow:yum:

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Somehow I doubt that HE was laughing!!!

So what are your plans for the restoration and useage of this?

Alp Trac

I think I would like to repaint it the original colour.

Chassis is A1 as it has always been stored inside, roof also good.

Plan is to strip it down this summer and get some nice orangey red paint put on it.

Priorities though are the brakes and the steering then new tyres as the current ones are perished. I would also like to put new track belts and cleats on it.

Then use it for a bit of fun and a promotional tool next season, it certainly gets noticed as I found this evening driving down our tarmaced high street.

I will post as I go.

Snowcat Operations

SUPER Site Supporter
Christer Morland should have the tires available. He is in Sweden I believe. If you need his contact info please feel free PM me and I will get it.