• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Thiokol 1404 Radiator for Sale

Teeoster

Hi,

I had the stock radiator for my 1404 re-cored and cannot use it. Due to the larger engine I've installed I had to have a custom aluminum unit made. This re-cored unit is as good as new and has been complete gone through by a local shop with a steller reputation. Asking just the cost of the recore $220 plus shipping. Please call if you have any questions. 586-206-1240 1404 Rad.jpg

BigAl

Gone But Not Forgotten
SUPER Site Supporter
For what it is worth that radiator looks like the same unit as a 1965 Ford Mustang . I owned a Radiator shop and it sure looks like the same one .
Allen

Teeoster

Your pretty good Big Al, the new unit I had cutom built started out as exactly that. I had to have the inlet, outlet and filler moved, but it was the correct overall size.

AKdadio

Don't need a radiator, might need an exhaust manifold for the drivers side on the ford v4. What engine did you pull out? Is it intact? What else is for sale?

Teeoster

Ill sell you the whole engine. A little greasy, but runs good. I needed the flywheel for the new one, otherwise its complete. How about a package deal on the rad and engine $400 plus shipping. I think these v4 fords are hard to find so a spare would be good insurance for you.
John

mtntopper

Back On Track
SUPER Site Supporter
Teeoster said:
Ill sell you the whole engine. A little greasy, but runs good. I needed the flywheel for the new one, otherwise its complete. How about a package deal on the rad and engine $400 plus shipping. I think these v4 fords are hard to find so a spare would be good insurance for you.
John

That is a bargain basement price if you need V4 Ford parts for an Imp.
:my2cents: Bill

BigAl

Gone But Not Forgotten
SUPER Site Supporter
mtntopper said:
That is a bargain basement price if you need V4 Ford parts for an Imp.
:my2cents: Bill
Thats a great price !!! Jump on it !

flathorn

If in this Ford v4 swap and sale there is an extra carb, I am looking for one of those. Let me know if anyone has one. Thanks Byron Miller

flathorn

AKdadio, Just my luck ,a little too late or I would have bought the whole thing. Can you tell me what the proper carb is supposed to be? I am quite sure whatever is on mine is not correct. The engine starts good and runs pretty good , but it doesn.t seem to maintain a constant rpm. Maybe governor? Anyone else know of a carb or have any governor expertise. Congratulations on your buy!! I think you got a good deal. Where are you from? Regards, Byron Miller

mtntopper

Back On Track
SUPER Site Supporter
I believe that most of the V4 Imps used a Solex carb. It was heated by the engine coolant lines running direct to it. I rebuilt mine on the Imp that I sold. NAPA had a carb kit for a VW that worked with some minor modifications. Snotrans or Peterson Equipment maybe able to give you NAPA info on complete carb or kit. Give them a call. One of them may even have a used carb for sale.....

Teeoster

AKdadio,

If you get a chance send me an email to Johnkocis@hotmail.com to make arrangements. I will get the egine on a pallet for you in the next couple of weeks. Anyone know the best carrier to use for something like this? I live outside of Detroit, MI.

John

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
John, try YELLOW freight, they run LTL loads and I think they are nationwide. Loads must be palletized and secured with straps, wrap or in a crate.

IMP

Site Supporter
I just purchased a Mercruiser out drive from a rebuild shop in Bronson, MI. He said he always ships fed ex ground. My 150lbs freight cost to Fairbanks Alaska will be $269. If AKdadio wants to share a pallet maybe we could save some freight charges? Its just an option to consider I dont know if it will save anything. It could be more hassle for Teeoster.

griz

What engine did you use to replace the ford v4? how did it fit? ect.
Looking at replacing one of mine, kind of nervous about it because of all the axle trouble that I have been having, The axle trouble is mostly left overs from the previous owner, I think??. But thinking is for people that dont know. the v4 run ok and have enough power, just tired of chasing parts!

Teeoster

Griz,

Ford 2.8 liter V6 is a bolt in as far as engine mounts are concerned. You have to use the car version because the waterpump is shorter by a few inches.
The trouble I had was with starter clearence, rad clearence, exhaust hook up, engine box clearence. ect.
I did it to get the 130 hp and a nice new engine. I will post all the details in a new thread once I get a little farther along.
In the mean time keep an eye out for a 2.8 at a good price, they also becoming a little harder to find. Seen a few crate engines on ebay over the last year go pretty reasonable.