• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Bombardier Muskeg For Sale Forestry Unit

cghitek

Hi, I am new to the forum. I recently aquired this machine from florida's forestry division. I was wondering if anyone could tell me a little about the machine such as model and roughly the year that it was made. What I know about it is that it has 1200 hours, perkins diesel, 5 forward 1 reverse, 465 gallon water tank attached to honda pump and fire hose. The machine is in ok shape, needs paint and other minor work to make it look good. Any ideas what it is worth like this?

Attachments

• 100_1535 copy.jpg
    100_1535 copy.jpg
    198.9 KB · Views: 4,467
  • 100_1536 copy.jpg
    100_1536 copy.jpg
    139.9 KB · Views: 4,554
  • 100_1537 copy.jpg
    100_1537 copy.jpg
    187.9 KB · Views: 4,395
  • 100_1538 copy.jpg
    100_1538 copy.jpg
    155.4 KB · Views: 4,462

MNoutdoors RIP

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
If you give me the serial number I can tell you the year. its worth what someone will pay. similar units have sold in the 5K range

cghitek

Hi Boggie, thanks for the reply. I cannot find a name plate and serial number anywhere on the machine. Can you tell me where to look? Thanks, David

snowbird

Welcome to the forum! I think you'll find Boggie is an excellent source for information related to Bombardier equipment. I bought a muskeg that wasn't in as good a shape as your picture (and with fewer desirable features) and then traded it for a lighter, faster Bombardier.

couchloafer

SUPER Site Supporter
Very nice find and Welcome to the forums.........ditto on Boggie he is your guy for all things Bombardier.............. get that thing some snow would ya it looks a little hot and dry.......

MNoutdoors RIP

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
Hi Boggie, thanks for the reply. I cannot find a name plate and serial number anywhere on the machine. Can you tell me where to look? Thanks, David

When you sit in the drivers seat it should be by your right leg on the engine cover.looking at the wheels it should be in the 80's

If that does not work on the front bumper left side you may have to look good due to rust and dents in the bumper but it should also be stamped there.

snowbird

I don't remember the muskeg, but the SkiDozer has the nameplate on the side of the engine cover on the passenger's side (by the passenger's left leg).
Or, whoops! Did I put the panels on backwards? Hope not.

cghitek

I checked everywhere for the nameplate and some markings on the bumber but I was not able to find any info or serial number. Oh by the way, I just learned that you shouldn't drive this on your concrete driveway. :doh: or make turns :furious:

snowbird

Very true. When I run my Bombardier into my shop, I put 2 X 6 planks under where the tracks will run. I bet you have a few souvenir marks on your driveway. At least your machine runs and turns, that's a good sign.

MNoutdoors RIP

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
I checked everywhere for the nameplate and some markings on the bumber but I was not able to find any info or serial number. Oh by the way, I just learned that you shouldn't drive this on your concrete driveway. :doh: or make turns :furious:

also look above your head to the left on the cab some were mounted there.
but somewhere on the front bumper will be a stamped in number when you find it it will have the year in it. 4th and 5th digits

Snowcat Operations

SUPER Site Supporter
My next machine will be a Muskeg with the "DD" Double D tracks! Boggie also does a beautiful Cat diesel engine conversion. Talk about a bullet proof rig!

Snowcat Operations

SUPER Site Supporter
I would love to see a Muskeg with rubber track nubs or whatever they are called. On this muskeg would be a great snowplow blade for street use! Anything like that?

JollyRodger

Looking for a muskeg of this vintage. All makes and models would be acceptable. Is yours for sale and if so how much?
Thank you
Vince (905) 931-7822