• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

YELLOW PINE and Big Creek!

Snowcat Operations

SUPER Site Supporter
Hi Guys,
Just dropping a quick note here. I will be headed into Yellow Pine ID in the morning them snowcat into Big Creek 25 miles from YELLOW PINE OTS's house. He is a member here. Anyway I will post some pics and video of the trip.

Mike

yellowpine O.T.S.

Wow made it to Klamath Falls,Oregon before they closed(thanks to the PDT time change) and had the new Wide track in the shop this morning in Boise getting the set up for our altitude and the necessry mods done for how we use them. It's been a bit of a driving and sleep depravation marathon but should get caught up on sleep enough tonight and will head for Y.P tommorow,Sunday Hope to be able to catch Mike and his crew to invite them for dinner!!
KIF

yellowpine O.T.S.

Bob is there a story to the --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Try not to get lost....again.??

Got a call from Mike on the sat phone that of course did not last long due to the lousy sat phone service but he said they were at the Big Creek Guard station site but were having problems finding the Yurt at Big Creek....hmmm hard to miss the only place with tracks into it, but I'm told it did snow about 8inches in Yellow Pine and I can attest that it was snowing/blowing a bit as we drove out Thursday at 5am in the morn. Hope they backtracked the mile or so finding the only place with tracks to it and are enjoying themselves in the comforts of the Yurt.
KIF

yellowpine O.T.S.

Check out http://www.ruralnetwork.net/~yellowpinecm/ This is as close to a live picture of our area..... the Johnson Creek airstrip(3U2)4900msl is 5 miles up streem to the south of Yellow Pine and about 30 road miles from Big Creek airstrip(U60)5700msl. We are off to Y.P. with clear blue skies here in Boise something we havent seen much of this winter!
Kif

Bobcat

Je Suis Charlie Hebdo
GOLD Site Supporter
Mikey checked in this morning from Big Creek via satphone. They got there at about 2230. Mikey says heavy, wet snow was packed under the chassis/cab by the tracks and broke off his exhaust pipe. 'Sounds' like he now has an Imp with attitude. They had to take Kif up on his offer to use the yurt. Thanks Kif!!

Here is the "I'm ok" message that I received from his 'SPOT' device last night...

We have arrived at the site. All is well. Will send this message when we leave the site.
Unit Number: 0-7349614
Latitude: 45.1145
Longitude: -115.327
Nearest Town from unit Location: Edwardsburg, United States Distance to the nearest town: 1 km(s) Time in GMT the message was sent: 02/10/2008 05:29:12
http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&hl=en&geocode=&q=45.1145,-115.327&ie=UTF8&z=12&om=1

yellowpine O.T.S.

So much for the beautiful blue skies that we had this morning in Boise it's raining off and on and 37 degrees here in Y.P. Yuck lots of little slides on the way in, Hope the road to Big Creek is holding up ok. Too late for me to head towards Big Creek but will go that way in the morning.....

Bob give me a call(208-633-YURT) if you know what there plans are.

Kif

yellowpine O.T.S.

(Sno Ops here) Just arrived at Yellow Pine from Big Creek. We have some great videos a pics to share. May be a bit before they get down loaded.

yellowpine O.T.S.

The Imp with attitude is running strong and now fits right in with the snowmobilers that mod there exhaust with pipes and cans.

Awesome guys Mike and Doan, great to get to know them they seem very talented at what they are doing and most definetely love the hard work they are doing....... hope they have/get to come back soon.

Now that I can resize pictures and post I need help figuring out how to post video I tried and failed and then tried to email to Bob P. but it was to big of a file to email to him urggggggggggggggg!

Attachments

• P2110105.JPG
    P2110105.JPG
    108.8 KB · Views: 288
  • P2110107.JPG
    P2110107.JPG
    106.6 KB · Views: 290
  • P2110108.JPG
    P2110108.JPG
    76.6 KB · Views: 279

Deadly Sushi

The One, The Only, Sushi
SUPER Site Supporter
Hey theres SnoOps!! hey guys! :wave:
Great photos. That last one is damn interesting.
Its going to snow over there again it looks like. Hey can you guys get a pic with one of them Idaho potatos? I hear if you sleep with one under your pillow it makes your ass firm. Is that true?

Snowcat Operations

SUPER Site Supporter
me--> :slap: <--sush

Same bunch of guys! You two will never change.:bonk: :thumb:

Had a great time staying in Kif's YURT! Man what a cool place. Thanks to KIF and his beautiful wife for there hospitallity! Man what a Great lunch. Thank you. KIF says he would be glad to see a Snowcat meet in Yellow Pine ID. I would too. What a beautiful place. We have tons of pictures but suspect they are way to big for loading. We also have some great videos as well. OK time to take a shower and hit the sack.

Bobcat

Je Suis Charlie Hebdo
GOLD Site Supporter
Here's a picture of Mikey coming out on the trail he made the day before, and then one of his navigator checking the map. Yup, lost again. :pat:

Attachments

• Big Creek Expedition Snowcat 080.jpg
    Big Creek Expedition Snowcat 080.jpg
    52.2 KB · Views: 268
  • Big Creek Expedition Snowcat 004.jpg
    Big Creek Expedition Snowcat 004.jpg
    66.5 KB · Views: 269

Deadly Sushi

The One, The Only, Sushi
SUPER Site Supporter
Looks like a great time! Im a little jealous. Actually a lot jealous. Oh well. Some day I'll be driving one of those things in a beautiful location. Sleeping with potatoes under my pillow and getting knocked in the coconut by Bob. :rolleyes: One can dream.

Snowcat Operations

SUPER Site Supporter
Sushi. If you get out here sometime during the winter (any winter) I will take you Snowcatting! Just need to plan it a bit with work now consuming most of my time. I can barely get to the forums now as it is!

Snowcat Operations

SUPER Site Supporter
Sorry Sush. I too miss the conversations and the occasional pissing contest. BUT Its the best forums around. OK back to work. Peace!