• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

need help with aktiv grizzly

zenchal26

I am restoring a grizzly and am in need of gearbox seals. Does anyone have any leads on where I could find some?

Attachments

• IMG_1494.JPG
    IMG_1494.JPG
    47.9 KB · Views: 1,785
  • IMG_1493.JPG
    IMG_1493.JPG
    28.4 KB · Views: 1,761

zenchal26

What are you looking for? I have a parts manual with wiring diagrams; also the guy I bought it from knew a shop up in Maine who had parts still for these. The skids are arctic cat super jags early 90s. Do you have the Polaris engine or the rotax? I also have more pics of the rebuild if interested.

stal108

They say a picture say a thosand words . first i must tell you it has only done 207mile the tracks are 100% and road wheels engine turns but the body work is dire and no front fairing and some ignition parts are missing lots of work.
dave uk
hopr the pictures uploaded

Attachments

• 26022008147.jpg
    26022008147.jpg
    142.4 KB · Views: 1,782
  • 11111111111111.jpg
    11111111111111.jpg
    146.6 KB · Views: 1,798
  • 222222222222222.jpg
    222222222222222.jpg
    139.1 KB · Views: 1,743

snotrans

Contact Bill Guthrie At Snotrans, He has a complete Aktiv Grizzly Located in Lander Wyoming. It needs engine work, but the rest is in gooed shape. Price $500. FOB . Wyoming. 208-549-2501 We just have not had a truck in the area to bring to our business in Idaho.

zenchal26

Deff a fixer uper that is the rotax 503 engine. If you don't mind me asking what did that beauty fetch for a price? Here are a few pics of mine almost finished, still need to redo the cowl. I have the Fuji (Polaris 440) engine in mine. I have made a couple of changes to it since these pics were taken (winch, new hitch, and a cargo box) I'll try to get some updated photos on here.

Attachments

• IMG_1699.JPG
    IMG_1699.JPG
    46.9 KB · Views: 1,793
  • IMG_1701.JPG
    IMG_1701.JPG
    52.6 KB · Views: 1,643
  • IMG_1703.JPG
    IMG_1703.JPG
    57.8 KB · Views: 1,778
  • IMG_1704.JPG
    IMG_1704.JPG
    53.7 KB · Views: 1,725
  • IMG_1697.JPG
    IMG_1697.JPG
    57.8 KB · Views: 1,715

fogtender

Now a Published Author
Site Supporter
I am restoring a grizzly and am in need of gearbox seals. Does anyone have any leads on where I could find some?

The whole drive system is the same as Skidoo so you can go to the dealer an look at some of the related year parts books and find what you need there. The twin tracks are pretty much the same as the late 1970's to mid 80's Alpines.

The old seals also have a number on them and you can get them from almost any bearing store.

Good Luck!

stal108

Hi all
Thanks for the replys . I paid £100 for the grizzly and the Arctic cat together the cat is very stripped but has good bady and as new track and wheels for sale if anyone is intrested or swop for grizzly bits . My snow track is all serviced and runns fine now just needs paint(snow queens job (the mothering law)).She is staying today as its mothering sunday this weekend.We have a forcast for snow on tuesday but i bet its only a dusting.We will see. Has anyone any idea of shipping cost to the UK for Bill Guthrie grizzly.
dave stal108

couchloafer

SUPER Site Supporter

1985 Aktiv Grizzly Deluxe
This Sweedish made snow machine is powered and was distributed by Polaris Industries. This machine features a 440cc polaris/Fuji two stroke snowmobile engine and a reliable polaris clutch. The power is transfered through its geared down transmission to its two extremely long, 156", twin tracks. The skag on the large mono ski is 5/8" in diameter with carbide inserts. The machine is equiped with an electric start, reverse, it even comes with a winch mounted on the front bumper. This would be a great machine to groom smaller trails or take on your next arctic expedition. This machine also has an original optional factory trunk/storage box, backrest and owners manual. It is in very good condition for the year, it starts right up and runs smooth. Mechanically it is a very simple and straight forward mahine, no fancy hydraulics to break; easy to maintain or repair.
As with all of my acutions; this item is avail for inspection and or test drives prior to bidding. This item is for local pick-up, I will hold for up to 30 days with full payment.
This is not a touring sled, it's a work horse.

zenchal26

stal 108 check out that arctic cat skid you have you might be able to use parts off it for the grizzly, as I said before the skids and tracks under the grizzly are arctic cat super jags. I do not believe the gear box for the grizzly is the same as the alpine could be wrong though. Here are some pics of my grizzlies gear box.

Attachments

• IMG_1529.jpg
    IMG_1529.jpg
    61.3 KB · Views: 1,646
  • IMG_1696.JPG
    IMG_1696.JPG
    58.2 KB · Views: 1,582
  • IMG_1695.JPG
    IMG_1695.JPG
    50.9 KB · Views: 1,616
  • IMG_1533.jpg
    IMG_1533.jpg
    98.4 KB · Views: 1,658

Ice Queen

Bronze Member
SUPER Site Supporter
Will somebody point out to my potential son-in-law that I am Ice Queen, not Snow Queen, though looking back it would have probably been a better name. I have tried to find a photo of my snowtric, but sorry at present I cannot do so.

stal108

ice queen seems to make you sound cold and no one likes ice but everyone loves snow , so as i do love your daughter you are our snowqueen lv you mom xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx dave zoe

mtntopper

Back On Track
SUPER Site Supporter
Contact Bill Guthrie At Snotrans, He has a complete Aktiv Grizzly Located in Lander Wyoming. It needs engine work, but the rest is in gooed shape. Price $500. FOB . Wyoming. 208-549-2501 We just have not had a truck in the area to bring to our business in Idaho.

I now have Snotran's (Bill G.) Aktiv Grizzly at my home and it is for sale. I drove it the 3 miles into my home last week as we are still snow bound. It runs good but is jetted for a lower elevation of about 4,000 foot elevation. The carb was dirty and we cleaned that so it would run. Engine is good. We are asking $500.00 or we will look at any reasonable offers. If someone wants an Aktiv Grizzly double track for their collection this one is priced right. It will need some TLC but it does run and goes through the snow now. Tracks are decent and overall condition is better than fair as it sits now.
P4060007 (Medium).JPG

P4060008 (Medium).JPG

P4060011 (Medium).JPG

stal108

HI
Yes i would like to buy it. the problem is i am in the uk. how do i go about geting it shipped and any idea of the cost. i am aware there is a 10% inport charge but i am not sure why or who i would pay it to. but buying it is the easy part .
dave

mtntopper

Back On Track
SUPER Site Supporter
An import broker can advise and give you the info you need to buy it and get it to you. Any costs to ship, crate or otherwise will have to be paid by the buyer. The price is fob my location in Wyoming Transportation costs are the reason it is being sold here and not in Weiser Idaho by the owner.

HI
Yes i would like to buy it. the problem is i am in the uk. how do i go about geting it shipped and any idea of the cost. i am aware there is a 10% inport charge but i am not sure why or who i would pay it to. but buying it is the easy part .
dave

barden

Hello,
I just bought an Aktiv Grizzly that appears to be the same vintage as the one zenchal26 posted above. It has the 440 engine. It seems to be in relatively good shape, but after running perfectly for a few minutes, it starts starving for fuel. I've done enough trouble shooting to confirm that it is a fuel issue, but I don't know what to do about it. I'll describe some of its lackings, and if anything rings a bell, I'd appreciate opinions. Problem number 1, it has a makeshift fueltank with no kind of check valve in the tank. I'm not sure whether I should crack the cap to vent the tank or what. The cooling fan on the left side of the drive shaft is broken, and the housing that goes around it is gone. I am going to try to take this to a machine shop unless anyone knows where I could find a replacement. I never knew what the housing was supposed to look like until I got on this post, now I'm wondering if this is my fuel problem. It looks like this fan cools the exhaust manifold? Do you think that the exhaust manifold is somehow overheating my carb? Any advice and/or connection to parts or manual would be appreciated. Thanks

barden

Correction to my above post: I see that the fan is directed to the intake manifold, not the exhaust. So is it there to warm up the manifold or to cool it?

Justapig

Im new member from Quebec canada looking for a maual 1986 and where to get rebuild kit for the fuji motor also if anyone can give diagrams and breakdown images tranny etc...

Attachments

• 20220308_105258_HDR.jpg
    20220308_105258_HDR.jpg
    4.1 MB · Views: 74
  • 20220116_160212_HDR.jpg
    20220116_160212_HDR.jpg
    4.3 MB · Views: 97
  • 20211114_161306_HDR.jpg
    20211114_161306_HDR.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 93