• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Three Dolphins Protest During the National Anthem

Jim_S

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
Three Dolphins Protest During the National Anthem
by DYLAN GWINN 9 Sep 2018

https://www.breitbart.com/sports/2018/09/09/three-dolphins-protest-during-the-national-anthem/

Dolphins wide receiver Kenny Stills became one of the most frequent anthem protesters in the NFL, in 2017. This year, he picked up where he left off, and he had some help.

Kenny Stills and Albert Wilson knelt during the playong of the national anthem on Sunday. While Miami defender Robert Quinn raised a fist in protest.

Only one player, Eagles defender Michael Bennett, protested during the season opener.

According to the Hill:

Stills, Wilson and Quinn have all indicated they will continue to participate in protests throughout the season, according to the Palm Beach Post.

Stills in a recent interview with the Post said the NFL has mishandled the protests. The league froze a policy banning kneeling or protesting during the anthem following widespread pushback from players and fans.

‘I feel like the NFL could’ve done a better job of controlling the narrative from the beginning,’ Stills said, according to the Post. ‘If the NFL would have done something like Nike did — some type of campaign, explaining this whole situation, having his back, supporting us, supporting our First Amendment right — then this thing would be going in a whole different direction. I think we’ve made progress but obviously we have a ways to go.’

The anthem protests have remained in the public focus, due in large part to the recently announced Nike campaign featuring original anthem protester Colin Kaepernick, and President Trump’s frequent criticism of the protesters.

On Sunday morning, a report surfaced suggesting that the NFL will not implement a new anthem policy for the 2018 season.

Follow Dylan Gwinn on Twitter @themightygwinn

Attachments

• A1B24905-A290-4B95-8277-A264EC80F7AE.jpeg
    A1B24905-A290-4B95-8277-A264EC80F7AE.jpeg
    60.3 KB · Views: 120

bczoom

Super Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Good for them. I took the afternoon off from watching football. I'll keep taking the afternoons off all season.

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
When this whole 'taking a knee' stuff started, it was understood to be a protest.
Now these players just look like pertinacious assholes.

Jim_S

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
Good for them. I took the afternoon off from watching football. I'll keep taking the afternoons off all season.

They’ve lost me for good. :hammer:

Plenty of good books to read on a rainy Sunday afternoon.

tiredretired

The Old Salt
SUPER Site Supporter
Yep, on and on it goes while Brillo Ball Head gets a lucrative contract from Nike. Screw them all. I have not watched a game in over two years, besides, up here hockey is more popular with awesome Division 1 programs. GO CATS GO!!

mla2ofus

GOLD Site Supporter
When this whole 'taking a knee' stuff started, it was understood to be a protest.
Now these players just look like pertinacious assholes.

Boy, PG, I had to crack open my ol' Webster's to find what that word means!! it fits very well too!!
Mike