• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

GMC trucks 2007-2013

squerly

Supported Ben Carson
GOLD Site Supporter
Any of you grumpy old men own a GM truck manufactured between 2007 – 2013? If so, my guess is the dash has cracked on the passenger side, up by the air bag. If not, consider yourselves lucky as thousands of other unfortunate souls (myself included) have not been so lucky.

And as expected, GM refuses to do anything to fix the problem because the vehicle is out of warranty. But warranty isn’t the issue here. Warranties cover mechanical failures and generally these failures aren’t major safety concerns. But a broken dash that can splinter (during an air bag deployment) and send plastic projectiles throughout the cabin, injuring and possibly killing the occupants, is a major safety concern that should be fixed regardless of age.

If you’re having problems with your dash, go to safercar.gov and fill out a Safety Complaint. GM isn’t interested in recalling our vehicles but if enough complaints are received NHTSA will force a recall. It’s a shame that it’s going to take this kind of action but apparently GM is (once again) putting their profits in front of our safety.

Shame too cuz I was really liking the truck until this happened. :sad:

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
I have an 05 Silverado Crew Cab. So far I'm lucky. It's a black dash and so far the dash has not even shown fading issues from the sun. And it sits in the sun a lot. Now I'm thinking I better find a way to keep it out of sun. I know you said 07 -13 but sometimes issues do not stay within bounds of what the manufacturer state.

bczoom

Super Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
I too have a 2005 but it's regularly garaged and no issues with the dash.

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
I had an 08. I was more concerned with the wheel bearings failing without warning and splitting the hub in two causing the front wheel to nearly fly off at highway speed. That was after the hub almost locked up while coming down a hill around a corner on an icy snow covered road.

That was interesting. The wheel intermittently locked up causing the traction control to over compensate and nearly send me into the ditch. And this was at 70k on the odometer. Just past the 60k warranty limit on it.

I barely made it to the garage. $270.00 for the part and 4 hrs labor later they got it fixed. The part that pissed me off is when that happened I ordered a new wheel bearing for the other side and changed it myself in 35 minutes for $65. The garage charged me $780 for the other side.

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

Av8r3400

Gone Flyin'
I own an 08 and a 10 GMC Savanna Van for my business. The worst quality vehicles I have ever owned. The 10 is worse than the 08, by far. They are well maintained but both are literally disintegrating.

I will never willingly buy Government Motors ever again.

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
I remember in the late 90s gm also had problems with the brake pedal going right to the floor occasionally under 20mph. One guy I know ended up crashing through the front window of a restaurant because of this.

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk