• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Jeep Cherokee transmission

Galvatron

Spock and Galvatron < one and the same
Great buy Galvy. My son had the 2.5(?) liter version of that for a while. He said it was an awesome machine in the dry but in ice or snow, "Steering wheel optional" is how he put it. That could probably be said of any car. It didn't put him off because he got another BMW last year, a Series 2 active tourer, 225. He loves it.

I mostly like the fact it is a rear wheel drive that you only get on a BMW these day's....sadly my wife is having trouble liking it, she seems to think BMW is a drugs runner car :yum::yum::yum:

EastTexFrank

GOLD Site Supporter
she seems to think BMW is a drugs runner car :yum::yum::yum:

If you use it to drive to the off license, it becomes a booze runners car.

I'll have to tell my son that there is someone who thinks that he is a drug runner. After raising 4 straight kids he could go off like a bottle rocket.

Galvatron

If you use it to drive to the off license, it becomes a booze runners car.

I'll have to tell my son that there is someone who thinks that he is a drug runner. After raising 4 straight kids he could go off like a bottle rocket.

I have enough lies told about me please don't jump on that band wagon:wink:

Galvatron

BMW is pulling 30mpg around town but yet to get her out on the highway....very impressed.

Going to pick up a new matching alloy wheel for a spare tomorrow and new rear wiper blade and thats it its 100% as far as i know.:smile:

What a fantastic car.

Galvatron

Well i have the Jeep back:yum::yum::yum::yum::yum::yum:

Long story short my Brother and his friend took it home had fun done a few more jobs on it and then get bored, they came down yesterday and done a deal after lacing me with drink on a part ex with my BMW....i took more cash, my brothers friend has more money than sense and now i have more £££ in my pocket and have a bloody Jeep to sell:yum::yum::yum:

I have lost count on the profit as i also sold the van i purchased but it is about £4000....but jeez i have had fun.

I only wish they would have bloody cleaned it first:hammer::hammer::hammer:

Attachments

• 6cc53da0-905f-4c79-aa1f-9b56b43301a7.jpg
    6cc53da0-905f-4c79-aa1f-9b56b43301a7.jpg
    100.5 KB · Views: 127

Galvatron

Clean again :biggrin:

Attachments

• SDC11588.JPG
    SDC11588.JPG
    332.1 KB · Views: 111
  • SDC11587.JPG
    SDC11587.JPG
    366.9 KB · Views: 111
  • SDC11594.JPG
    SDC11594.JPG
    249.2 KB · Views: 115

OhioTC18

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
I'll try to fix that

Attachments

• image-3067385644.jpg
    image-3067385644.jpg
    451.3 KB · Views: 110

Galvatron

The BMW is coming home hahaha.....my brother as taken my advice and is moving home for a easier life to ease pressures on him and his wife during their health issues, so him being him as bought a new toy to move his boys toys and wants me to have the BMW back for free as a thank you for all i do, yup he got soft in his old age.

This is what my brother as got himself to go with his Ford Mondeo ST...it as a 1.9 CDTI diesel engine and only has 54k on the clock...nice van that he intends to convert to a camper when the house move is over.

Attachments

• 90184e_fd8801b1c1644ab9b9a4634a14bacb26-mv2.jpg
    90184e_fd8801b1c1644ab9b9a4634a14bacb26-mv2.jpg
    103.3 KB · Views: 113

Galvatron

Just had a call from my brother, he is bringing the BMW back to me this weekend and as cleaned it, but tells me some arse wipe as stolen the badge off the hood so i can't have that i ordered a new one made from carbon fiber.

What sort of idiot steals a hood badge?? and i hope this makes her smile again.

Attachments

• s-l1600.jpg
    s-l1600.jpg
    82.2 KB · Views: 103

waybomb

GOLD Site Supporter
The most useless job in the world - the guy in the factory that hooks up the turn signals on a BMW.

Galvatron

The most useless job in the world - the guy in the factory that hooks up the turn signals on a BMW.

I agree....no one uses the turn signals here in the UK ....may as well go back to hand signals as i have a few i use daily.:wink:

Galvatron

Galvi that happens a lot around here. Mainly Mercedes or Jaguar.

It is pretty sad though, why would anyone want a car hood badge?? it defaces the car and the owner does not deserve the hassle.

I may wire the new one up to the battery :hammer::hammer::hammer:

Snowtrac Nome

member formerly known as dds
GOLD Site Supporter
I remember in the 90's when hood ornament necklaces were the rage. this little old grandma came, in threatening to beat crap out of the next little black boy who was wearing one, knowing it didn't come off his car, and may be the one missing off hers. we all got a good chuckle trying to envision this little old lady going Steven Sagal on some little preteen

Dargo

Like a bad penny...
GOLD Site Supporter
Like the rest, I'd LOVE to have a diesel in my '99 Jeep Cherokee. With normal maintenance we get about 250,000 miles out of the old inline 4.0 six bangers. It seems they have started to become a bit of a collector item in these parts. I was going to sell mine until I looked one FleaBay and saw how much people were getting for ones far, far worse than mine. Mine has always been stored inside and I bought it from an old buddy who bought it new for his wife. Based on the cost of a new small/mid-sized SUV, I think I'll spend several thousand on mine and just sort of make it new again.

I already have a mild 4" suspension lift, Smittybuilt bumpers on each end and rocker panel protectors along with a 12,000 winch mounted on the front and my spare moved on top of the luggage rack (which gives quite a bit more storage room in the back). I put a locker in the rear axle and a limited slip up front and for someone who has done tons of off roading, I have been impressed where ole Red will go. Although I doubt I can find any legal way to do so, I have a super nice Cummins 5.9 diesel with twin turbos I'd love to drop in! Physically it will work. I just think our EPA rules won't ever let that fly.

Oh, the transmixers can be rebuilt rather easily and made to be relatively bullet-proof. Over here, at least for now, used parts are a dime a dozen. That will likely change over time, but I'm thinking that if I can find the right shop I can get all of the luxury items I want added to my old Jeep and have less than half of what a new one would cost me.

Galvatron

Had the BMW back for just over a week now, replaced the stolen Hood badge and gave her a damn good clean inside and out, also replaced the licence plates as they were cracked.

Going to keep this for a while i have a soft spot for it.

Attachments

• DSC_0024.jpg
    DSC_0024.jpg
    213.9 KB · Views: 85