• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Is there a benefit in taking a 15 year old to visit her mom in jail?

D6557

looking for advice forums to ask opinions and this one came up
The charge is a forgery charge and it is a six month sentence main problem I have is she will see her mom in jail clothes and see guards and other inmates that could be intimidating I have a daughter who is 15 and she seems to be handling it fine. I told her right away about it and she reacted pretty calmly. I told her mom did the wrong thing and is rightfully serving her punishment. Actually my daughter does not seem scared but instead seems excited and enthusiastic to visit. This is strange to me. Do you find this normal? They have a good relationship. Main problem I have is She will see her mom in a jail jumpsuit She will see other inmates and women behind bars The guards could be intimidating Is that ok for a 15 year old to see? Actually my daughter does not seem scared but instead seems excited and enthusiastic to visit. This is strange to me. Do you find this normal? My daughter seems to find the idea of her mom wearing a uniform, sharing a room funny. I wonder why she would think it is funny. Interestingly they have a good relationship my wife says bring her if she would like to and my daughter says she would like to but I don't know if it is a good idea

Loudmouth

Site Supporter
I think your daughter is behaving and reacting normally. My step-daughter was her age when her Father was in jail and it was only natural that she wanted to see him and visit. It'll be ok D6.

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Since you have asked her if you do not take her it could damage your relationship with her. Hopefully, taking her could have a good impact in that it will change her preconceived notions of what jail is like.
Taking her seems like the right thing to do to me. Hope this helps.

jimbo

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
My thoughts: Do you think that your daughter has no idea what goes on in prison? TV is full of inside prison shows, and chances are good that she has acquaintances in similar situations.

The incarceration is temporary. 6 probably means 3. The mother/daughter relationship is permanent. She has expressed an interest in seeing her mother. I say go for it.

I would wonder, however, just who is uncomfortable with the situation. You? or the daughter?