• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

New "big wheels" for Snow Trac

nwerring

I plan to ask a "Custom wheel company" to make new steel wheels for the Snow Trac. Not a direct copy, but something with the same dimentions so they will fit like originals. Both in 5-bolt and 6-bolt versions. Since there are more "custom car" companies over at your side of the pond than here in Norway, I will ask a US company. Then you could - if interested - buy directly from them.
I am emailing a few companies now. Just to have a aproximate number of how many to make, are there any of you who might need new wheels? Not sure of the price yet, but I see that normally plain steel wheels (custom) range from around $50-200.-

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    135.4 KB · Views: 270

300 H and H

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
nwerring,

Have you got the exact measurements? There is an Agricultural wheel manufacturer here in my state that might be able to build such a wheel..

I would approach them, but I don't have a spare to measure up for a remake. Diameter, off set, rim width ect...

Thanks, Kirk

MNoutdoors RIP

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
There is a company that rolls just the ring 3.00 X 16.00 then you can have the center plasma cut or water jet cut and weld in they are used for older tractors
But have not looked for them in a while.

JimVT

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
some 5 lug centers the 6 will fit the later and probably all the big wheel

MNoutdoors RIP

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
The ST35A wheel I have appears to be only 2.100 minor width 79mm 3.11 outside to outside and has a 5 bolt by 115mm bolt pattern I did check the offset (positive offset )2.870 or 73mm

Last edited:

MNoutdoors RIP

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
A rivet in center with either bolt pattern would make sense maybe machined from aluminum similar to the ST35A (it was cast aluminum center steel ring)
Getting the attaching point at center of the wheel would be best for flexing that would require a rather thick piece of aluminum to start machining from though and make it more expensive. Casing could be a option. Or a water jet cut center with spokes and let the spokes do the offset in that case it would be better to just weld it.

nikos

Something like that
Tractor Front ( Wheel) Rim.

Nikos

Attachments

• $_57.JPG
    $_57.JPG
    61.1 KB · Views: 202

nikos

More details from another tractor front rim.

I think this type of Rim is from Ferguson T20. Is bigger than the original rim.
I will ask my dealer about the possibilities to find the right sizes of the rim ok.

Nikos

Attachments

• $_58.JPG
    $_58.JPG
    35.8 KB · Views: 210