• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Snow Trac Spring Set

SnowTrac Hunter

Finally put the springs together that I bought from Don in January, Many Thanks to Don!!! Will swap the tires out tomorrow. One step closer to getting back on the trail. My brother and I drilled out the old alignment bolts and put new ones in. Super grateful for all the help from Don for the parts that are pretty hard to obtain. :biggrin:

Attachments

• SnowTrac Spring Set.jpg
    SnowTrac Spring Set.jpg
    51.8 KB · Views: 278

SnowTrac Hunter

Made a quick dash to the cabin to install the new spring set and shocks that I bought. Spring set I was lucky to be able to acquire from Don in Nome. Shocks were available at O'Reilly's Auto Parts for $25.99 apiece. Monroe 31000 was what they had available. From what I could tell on-line it should have been a 31089 model, but none were in stock. Spent a few hours re-installing on Saturday. Swapped out the dead battery and it fired right up. Didn't drive it very far but it was fun. Need to figure out if the outer drive sprockets are causing the passenger side to jump, or what else it could be. Luckily I now have Don and Steve on speed dial. :clap::clap:

Attachments

• IMG_5988.jpg
    IMG_5988.jpg
    164.9 KB · Views: 217
  • IMG_5996.jpg
    IMG_5996.jpg
    85.6 KB · Views: 223

SnowTrac Hunter

Had a great moose tenderloin dinner and sat by the fire enjoying life.:biggrin:

Attachments

• IMG_5986.jpg
    IMG_5986.jpg
    103.5 KB · Views: 212
  • IMG_5985.JPG
    IMG_5985.JPG
    92.1 KB · Views: 212

JimVT

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
I couldn't see your track but I had to build ice scrapers for mine.
jim

SnowTrac Hunter

Jim

This side has a mud flap to shed the snow, I need to make one for the other side. I bought it like that, and haven't used it enough for it to be an issue yet. Hopefully that will change in the future.

Still need to build padded seats/backs for the passengers.

Thanks,
Joe

JimVT

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
because of the worn rubber centers of the drive sprockets I would get clumps of packed snow in them and cause track jumping or what sounded like it.
you may not get the wet snow that packs and not need the scrapers.
jim