• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

McCallin' All Cats 2017

vintagebike

Re: McCallin' All Cats 2017 NAPA stuff

Brian just cut me a great deal on the 4 batteries in need. It's been cold here- don't want to get stuck out there at 11 below. Steve

turbinator62

Site Supporter
SUPER Site Supporter
Hi Brian,
I am the current owner of Niksons 1402 but unfortunately due to logistical, health and family obligation reasons we will not be able to make it to McCall. It sounds like it will be Disneyland for snowcatters. I will be watching the forums and wishing we were there.
I would love to hear whatever stories or history you have about Old 129 while you owned it. We are currently loving it and using it a lot to access our cabin in Washington. It is now 52 years old and healthy as ever. (Wish I could say the same!)

Regards
Jeff

sno-drifter

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Hi Brian,
I am the current owner of Niksons 1402 but unfortunately due to logistical, health and family obligation reasons we will not be able to make it to McCall. It sounds like it will be Disneyland for snowcatters. I will be watching the forums and wishing we were there.
I would love to hear whatever stories or history you have about Old 129 while you owned it. We are currently loving it and using it a lot to access our cabin in Washington. It is now 52 years old and healthy as ever. (Wish I could say the same!)

Regards
Jeff

Hey Jeff,

Do you know that it is not required to bring a machine to McCall, hop a flight and get in on the snowcat lies.

Track Addict

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
True. Sno Cats are Just like boats the best ones are your friends'!

Planes might have a multiplier on the above statement.

Helmsman38

Member Formerly Known As Kristi KT7
GOLD Site Supporter
Re: McCallin' All Cats 2017 NAPA stuff

Brian just cut me a great deal on the 4 batteries in need. It's been cold here- don't want to get stuck out there at 11 below. Steve

-11 heck it will take me a half hour to warm up the hyd

MNoutdoors RIP

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
going double down on my offer...

Bombardier B-12, yup...

world famous offer, now goes out to the first B-12 to sign up, 2 two nights at the Best Western and a $100.00 gas card...good till, jan.7, 2017

So let's see if a person would bring a M7 snow tractor and a Bombardier B12
And a Model T with tracks you would get the grand prize? Like 6 nights free and
300 in gas cards? And the special drink of koolaid? :wink:

redsqwrl

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
So let's see if a person would bring a M7 snow tractor and a Bombardier B12
And a Model T with tracks you would get the grand prize? Like 6 nights free and
300 in gas cards? And the special drink of koolaid? :wink:

"I think there is a museum exclusion in addendum 6A, sub paran, ii, (3) of the snow cat owners fair play act of 2016..."

Mike

vintagebike

McCalln' All Cats 2017 on the Horizon

We are just over a month away!
IMG_9059.JPG

vintagebike

Final preparations and negotiations are happening with a Great Announcement on January 20. :clap::clap::clap: As always, everything is subject to change due to conditions beyond any of our control:doh: McCall Crew

Last edited:

backroad explorer

Evening Everyone;
Brian your N.A.P.A. Guy here :brows: The Account for McCallin' All Cats is setup at the N.A.P.A. Auto Parts Store in McCall.
So in case anyone needs anything just tell The Counterman at the N.A.P.A.Store your here for Event and the Acct. # for attendees is 26600.

I will be attending the event so if anyone needs something I can call the Store to make sure it is in stock. I will have my ipad2 with me so if we have a hotspot or wifi i can look parts up.

McCall Crew

vintagebike

McCallin' Service and Repair

My little hobby shop is just down the street from NAPA and right across from the Hunt Lodge, one of our hosts. There will be 2-3 spaces inside available for emergency overnight repairs plus trailer parking space for 4-5 20ft rigs. Well lit and equipped with water, air, TIG and gas welding, jacks, stands, bathroom and HEAT. There will be plenty of hands to help and plenty of advice :brows: on how to fix whatever breaks. So don't worry, be happy. .:flowers: McCall Crew

Last edited:

backroad explorer

Mornnin' Everyone;
Just a side note for attendees coming from south of McCall on Hwy. 95.
The Acct. is good at the N.A.P.A. Store in Council, Id [ Our "Mother" Store ] also.:clap:
McCall Crew

vintagebike

We are finalizing all the plans and requirements today and tomorrow for McCallin' All Cats 2017. If you are still on the fence you won't be after the schedule is released on Friday and Saturday. Here is a pic taken tonight of the Little Ski Hill under the lights. The whole Ski hill and some trails extending to places unknown :whistling: will be all ours for the night Thursday February 23 with a welcoming party in the lodge open to all the locals and the folks that will make the event possible. McCall Crew
IMG_9091.jpg

vintagebike

McCallin' All Cats 2017 Update

1. To allow us to purchase $1,000,000 in liability insurance for this and other future events, McCall Crew is now McCall Vintage SnowCat Club, Inc. (MVSC), a full member of the Idaho State Snowmachine Association.

2. The McCall Chevron Station in the middle of town is offering all participants a HUGE :wow:discount on gas purchases Febr 22-Febr 27. We will give you a card to show when you buy inside the store. Gas prices for all stations in town stay about the same. They are also a modern "Service" station offering real repairs and maintenance and two inside lifts.

3. The Salmon River Brewery in McCall is cooking up a special batch for us. It's looking to be an orange/citrus golden ale. It will be on tap and in kegs and served at all of our event locations. Got a suggestion for a name?:clap:

4.if there is enough interest from those staying over till Monday we might be able to get an "off the books" tour heading out from Cougar Mountain Lodge on Hwy 55 over groomed trails towards the mountains east of the Payette River.

5.Looks like we will be able to offer some time on our rigs to a group of adaptive ski wounded veterans at Brundage on Friday.

6. All the free Idaho out of state Snowmachine tags have been reserved. For insurance purposes and Valley County recommendation , all rigs will be required to have a 2017 Idaho tag. They will be available for purchase at all events for $32.50

7. A tentative (but about 99% set) schedule for all events will be posted on Saturday.

8. That's all ( for now) folks. MVSC

Last edited:

vintagebike

McCallin' All Cats 2017 Schedule of Events

These dates and times are all subject to change due to weather, not enough snow, too much snow and a whole bunch of other things my attorney warned me about. :smile: :neutral: :sad: :doh: In two weeks or so we will be better able to judge just how many are attending and will then be able to fill in the info about food costs and such. We want to keep the quality high and the prices reasonable.

Thursday February 23- All morning and afternoon Check-In at the staging area next to Best Western Hotel for new info, stickers and signing of event release forms. As soon as possible and before 5PM- Transport Cats to Little Ski Hill, unload and park trailers in RV lot nearby. 5PM-9PM Welcome Party and the whole hill just for SnowCats

Friday February 24. Travel to Brundage Mountain Resort lower parking lot in the morning at your own pace and time. They are cutting trails, building challenges and making their private areas available to us. Skiing and boarding at reduced rates. We will be able to use a section of the upper lot to hold an informal "show and tell"
The Boise VA Hospital is hooking up with us and their adaptive skiing disabled veterans program so we can give them a taste of the "Snow Cat Life"

Friday Night February 24. We get together after 5 or so at Scott Anderson's (the event poster artist) C47/DC3 Dakota Park on Mission street for a party. Then we will be guests of the McCall Recreation and Parks Department to run our cats down to the next door RiverFront Park for a big bonfire, stargazing on a moonless night and listen to Cat Tall Tales by Jinn and Scott to celebrate our "Freezing Man" festival

Saturday February 25. Again at your own pace and time we are the guests of David Carey and the JugMountain Ranch for a "Mountain Brunch' of flapjacks, bacon, eggs, juice and coffee. We will then have the whole area to ourselves for acres of space and miles of varied trails.

Saturday Night. February 25. 6:30-9:00 or so. We are having a Mexican Buffet dinner at Pueblo Lindo on Hwy 55 just outside of town- we have reserved the whole restaurant for 100 of us. We have arranged to have a Skype link and a big screen TV for the re-creator of the Thiokol based Chariot from the 60's TV show "Lost in Space" to show off his work and give a talk from the shop about the build and what is planned for the future. Great for all us "kids". Take a look on eBay as "Lost in Space Chariot". Amazing amount of stuff there!:thewave:

Sunday February 26. The Low family from New Meadows is sharing their 500 acre cattle ranch with us for a day of open and forested trails. If the snow conditions co-operate we will be able to link into adjacent trails and head off in all directions.

Ask questions by posting. My fingers are getting tired. There are pictures of most of the areas in our previous postings. MVSC

Last edited:

vintagebike

Looks like the favored name so far for the special brew for McCallin' All Cats 2017 is
SnowCat Golden Orange or SnowSat Orange Gold :beer:

Nikson

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
You guys are gonna have a blast... Make sure to post pictures for those who cant make it...

vintagebike

Jinn and I are planning a coffee table book so bring your "good" camera :wink: and still time to get coffe/beer mugs ordered with McCallin' 2017 logo :clap:

I am sure having a lot of fun doing this for us all. MVSC

IMG_1119.JPG

Last edited:

vintagebike

private and email messsges

For some reason it looks like some private and email messages are not getting through my ISP. So it's best now to ask anything through a post. Also, the out of state Idaho snowmobile stickers , for those of us that got the free ones, will be released to us on February 16. If you want yours mailed out let me know ASAP so I can it get set up. MVSC

Last edited:

tucker

GOLD Site Supporter
I think I'm on the list for the out of state sticker. Having it mailed to me would be great. Thanks.

4TrackCat

Site Supporter
I have a King size room reserved for 3 nights at the Lake Shore Lodge in McCall that I will not be using. The dates the night of the 22nd, 23, 25th. There is a gap on the 24th due to availability, but one could get on there waiting list for cancellations and probably get it.

I will be calling and canceling my room this afternoon. If someone could use it, contact me before 5pm today and we'll get the names transferred into yours.

We've been working on the cat and are looking forward to seeing everyone in McCall!