• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

WTB Tucker Sno Cat for Search and Rescue Unit.

R

rescue74

Wanted 16xx or 15xx model Tucker Sno cat for volunteer Search and Rescue Unit located in Idaho, must be a front engine model.

We plan to build a ambulance box behind operators cabin to take care of personal and injured. Must be in good condition or better.

Any info please respond.

Snowtrac Nome

member formerly known as dds
GOLD Site Supporter
is there a specific reason you have to have a tucker a 1200 1500 1800 or piston bully would also make nice s&r riggs. there was a pb shipped out to the village of gambel some years back with a nice s&r body on it. If there is a rig I would caution you on it would be a bv 206 even the government can't afford to keep their fleet running. I will say tuckers do have the potential for a better ride with the pod track configuration. and there is always a 4 track vs 2 track argument. unless there is a very specific reason to buy a tucker say like you want parts and service support, I wouldn't limit your self to one brand or model .craigs list recently had some nice station wagon tuckers for sale on the west coast.

Ya for big bucks! and a tucker is way to slow for a rescue machine, you need something light and fast, a pb is a good option, I own a 1742 tucker top speed is 12 mph, Allison 554 4 speed overdrive trans, 2 person cab and is mid engine, nicer ride , yes but slow hence the nice ride, and the terra rubber tracks totaly suck in deep snow! if you check out the tucker site you will see the new high horspower 6 bt tucker has went back to the wide/long track's like mine, 14.6 psi ground pressure or was it 14.7??
I would reconsider, where at in Idaho are you located? Also I know A guy in orfino that just wasted his allison in his front engine tucker, maybe he might be looking to sell it! I will try and find out for you.
Get it touch with Mary at http://www.snotrans.com/ They sell good reliable equipment.