• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Columbia Gas Bill Scam

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
They always ask for the person in charge of your gas bill.
Then they ask you to get a copy (old or recent) of your current supplier, as they have an OUTSTANDING offer to cut your gas rates with your current supplier.
They want your account number with that supplier.
I told the dude who called that I wasn't in any present state of mind to deal with anything of this nature right now, and that I was quite happy with Dominion.
He asked if there was a time that would be better to call back.
Since the number that comes up on my caller ID from them has been Unknown Caller the last couple of times, I asked him to give ME a number where I could call them back.

Some bullshit about "oh sorry, blah blah blah.." seems I can't call them back??
I told him they were wasting time calling me anyhow, as I have all electric (not true)- but it was fun playing with his head.
It is a scam.
These assholes prey on folks and I hope no one falls for it.
Especially the elderly, especially this time of year.
This seems to be the time when scam artists come out of the woodwork in force.

muleman

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
The scams always increase around the holiday time. Folks are too quick to hand out info over the phone.

luvs

'lil yinzer~
GOLD Site Supporter
dude's a fool if he thinks he was gonna get one over on you there.
yeah, definately a scammer. nobody gets account info on me- that's sheer idiocy. i'd give my last dollar to see how many they have gotten account info from already~

EastTexFrank

GOLD Site Supporter
To transfer your gas service to their company for $100/mcf instead of the $5 to $10/mcf you might be paying now..........

Thank you. I couldn't figure out what they were going to do with info that I would have thought would be relatively easy to obtain.

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
Frank, I called my gas company today and asked a rep if they've gotten similar complaints.
Seems they have.
It's a hook, scam.. whatever you want to call it.
I am happy with my rates as is.