• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

275 miles in a snow storm

BigAl

Gone But Not Forgotten
SUPER Site Supporter
I had no choice but to go today . The weather is only forecast to get worst the next few days . I ran out of meds and also needed building materials in Lewiston to finished the new apartment . Left before 8AM and just returned at 8PM . Spun out one time from rocks in the road as I went around a curve . That was fun ,,,,, once I stopped screaming :w00t2:.

Snowstorms, white outs , lots of wreaks, ice , packed snow . We seen it all today .I'm sure we forgot some stuff , but i'll deal with that later .

snow dog

so you had a great time today, hows that snowblower working out for you !

it's great to hear from you

ki0ho

GOLD Site Supporter
Glad ya made it back safely there Al.... thanks for the info on the blower....great looking unit...but more than I can afford for no more than I would use it..thanks again.. Jerry

tommu56

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Can't you get meds by mail they deliver it rain, snow, sleet or hail.

I don't know what the postage on a 4x8 sheet of ply wood would be but I do think it would be expensive!!!!!:yum:

tom

snow dog

I don't know what the postage on a 4x8 sheet of ply wood would be but I do think it would be expensive!!!!!:yum:

tom

most folks who don't live in the pharmacy, get a 3 month supply, then when supplies get low call the pharmacy and they mail you a new supply

BigAl

Gone But Not Forgotten
SUPER Site Supporter
most folks who don't live in the pharmacy, get a 3 month supply, then when supplies get low call the pharmacy and they mail you a new supply
Yes , That was one of the reason I went to town . Now once I fill out the paper work they will mail a 3 month supply automatically .I have always worked with the little pharmacies but the savings of going through Walmart was impressive . I saved over $80 bucks every three months .

BigAl

Gone But Not Forgotten
SUPER Site Supporter

tom

$6 bucks to Elk city from the Grangeville lumber yard which is 65 miles down the road . You can call in the morning and a delivery service will drop it off around noon time up here . Its 6 days a week .

muleman

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
That is a deal on hauling. Can't even start your truck for that price. Your trip sounds like the old runs up to Ft. Drum when my boys were stationed there. Those lake storms leave you exhausted after a couple hundred miles.

BigAl

Gone But Not Forgotten
SUPER Site Supporter
That is a deal on hauling. Can't even start your truck for that price. Your trip sounds like the old runs up to Ft. Drum when my boys were stationed there. Those lake storms leave you exhausted after a couple hundred miles.

Yes , I agree . The guy has the U.S.Mail contract to deliver mail to the post office up here and he adds the side business of hauling supplies for others as he comes . Its a win win for the locals !!

BigAl

Gone But Not Forgotten
SUPER Site Supporter
Glad ya made it back safely there Al.... thanks for the info on the blower....great looking unit...but more than I can afford for no more than I would use it..thanks again.. Jerry
Jerry ??? I don't even remember sending or giving you the information on the blower . I'm sorry . Mark it down to feeble old age:doh::sad:.
The trackless Blower I own is a 60" and is set up on a 3 ph hitch . I believe it was custom built into a 3PH setup in Sacramento at the tractor dealer as the only other Trackless blowers I have seen have their own drive system . The guy I bought it from had purchased it from the dealer there . I passed on 10' plow 6 way blade he had and had kicked my self ever since . It was as nice of a set up on his Kubota as I have seen . I stole the Blower unit for $2000 .

XeVfTEUtaAqJHTqq

Master of Distraction
Staff member
SUPER Site Supporter
Get ready for more snow Al, based on your previous posts you are 24 hours behind me and there is a wave passing through now! ;)

snow dog

Jerry ??? I don't even remember sending or giving you the information on the blower . I'm sorry . Mark it down to feeble old age:doh::sad:.
The trackless Blower I own is a 60" and is set up on a 3 ph hitch . I believe it was custom built into a 3PH setup in Sacramento at the tractor dealer as the only other Trackless blowers I have seen have their own drive system . The guy I bought it from had purchased it from the dealer there . I passed on 10' plow 6 way blade he had and had kicked my self ever since . It was as nice of a set up on his Kubota as I have seen . I stole the Blower unit for $2000 .

the only part left out - you get a kink in your neck, watching the blower

BigAl

Gone But Not Forgotten
SUPER Site Supporter
the only part left out - you get a kink in your neck, watching the blower
You are exactly right . Your neck and back take a beating . I been looking to see how much it would to set up a front mount system .I just found out my neighboring ranch set up a front mount on his 8 feet blower . He is running two pto driven pumps to create enough GPM flow but it works great .

ki0ho

GOLD Site Supporter
I dont know if you guyes remember but ford...or maby it was ford-newholand....put out a tractor aimed at small hay outfits..that was basicly a tractor that the control platform would turn 180 degrees and the swather ect hooked up like a 3 point..shaft drive and with the platform turned to the rear drove like a regular swather....that unit would be handy for a 3-point snow blower operation....those trackless nuits are fine looking machines .....I didnt find a 3-point unit though so I figured maby they quit making them.....hope you are having a fine day out in Idaho......:whistling:

snow dog

I dont know if you guyes remember but ford...or maby it was ford-newholand....put out a tractor aimed at small hay outfits..that was basicly a tractor that the control platform would turn 180 degrees and the swather ect hooked up like a 3 point..shaft drive and with the platform turned to the rear drove like a regular swather....that unit would be handy for a 3-point snow blower operation....those trackless nuits are fine looking machines .....I didnt find a 3-point unit though so I figured maby they quit making them.....hope you are having a fine day out in Idaho......:whistling:

i think you are talking ford 9030 , lots of guys use them for blower work round here.