• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Do you have plans for the snow storm?

The Tourist

Banned
There are lots of snow cat members here on FF.

My area of south-central Wisconsin is scheduled to get the mother of all snow storms. Everyone is busy with school schedules, filling gas tanks, etc. We even had an op-ed piece on TV last night about road crews and salt.

I have an F-150 and a full tank of fuel, I'm not too worried. If I stay home from the gym and defrost my dinner, big deal.

But what are you going to do?

Are you going to cower in fear, or take out your toys and have a ball?

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Double-checked the generator.

Moved the tractor & hooked up the rear blade on the tractor. Given that I am on the edge of the ice/snow front, I'm more worried about ice and the rear blade will do better with ice than the tractor mounted snow blower.

Got lots of food. Pump my own water. Looking forward to getting iced/snowed in for a day or two, its always like a mini-vacation. Its not uncommon for the plows to take a day or two before they get out to us so we usually count on at least 1 day off for each really bad storm that rolls in. But I hope its not as bad as the last ice storm that took our power out for 8 days while temps hit -20 F. Two or 3 days is OK, longer than that is a pain in the rear.

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
Actually, it looks as though the worst part may come after I've gotten home.
It says freezing rain after midnight.. whew!
I will be driving in some snow and possibly some icy/sleety conditions after 10p.
Everyone be safe!

The Tourist

Banned
Looking forward to getting iced/snowed in for a day or two, its always like a mini-vacation.

That's about how I feel.

The bike has already been moved down to the shop. My wife needs to rest. All of the repair work is out. All of the knives have been sharpened (I do have a few for family members, but that yoke is light).

I might get some coffee. Other than that, let it come!

I'm 58 years old. But I still love a "snow day" with the same sense of amusement as when I was ten years old.

The Tourist

Banned
Are any of you just going to play?

I mean like take a skiing vacation? Go for a snowmobile tour? Make a super sized snow fort?

After all, a record breaking snow woman was built...

Av8r3400

Gone Flyin'
I'm all set, thanks.

Attachments

• Plow 2.jpg
    Plow 2.jpg
    61.7 KB · Views: 55
  • Plow 1.jpg
    Plow 1.jpg
    64.3 KB · Views: 52

The Tourist

Banned
There's a snowstorm coming?

Yes, in my area of Wisconsin.

Over the past week we've had some minor storms. Depending where you live it's been 3 to 6 inches.

The crews have been busy plowing and salting trying to get it all cleaned up so it doesn't accumulate.

Big politics going on, as well. Last year a bunch of Interstate travelers got stranded on the 39/94 system for hours. Guys on snowmobiles had to ferry in food and water. The head of our State Patrol almost lost his job.

So this year they're scrambling like a major disaster is coming. First they predicted +12 inches, blowing and ice. If that is to happen, it's a mess. There would be drifts over glass ice, and four-wheel drive is useless in that.

They've throttled back that scenario. Perhaps 9 inches, but the temperature is predicted to be higher. High enough for salt to work on ice.

If the new forecast is more correct, it will just be another harmless snow day. Limited accidents, people staying home, no school and the major roads will be open.

We also had two clear days. Most people who long trips are already gone.

XeVfTEUtaAqJHTqq

Master of Distraction
Staff member
SUPER Site Supporter
WTF? Are you going to 'salt some bacon' and preserve it for a couple hundred years?

I've got a mile of steep paved road to keep clear. Salt is cheap and works wonders on ice!

Got the blower hooked up to the tractor - looks like it will be getting used this afternoon. :censored:

benspawpaw

i think i will go fishing it will be in the 60's and 70's here in nw ga. i do wish i could come up there and play in the snow with you guys a couple of days tho:punk:

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
If you guys don't really want that snow, just send it directly north. I'd be glad to take some of it off your hands. Only 9" of snow? We got twice that in less then 10 hrs on Monday. And the school buses still ran that morning. My poor kid had to walk in snow up to his waist to get to his bus stop. By lunch time, all the snow was cleaned up and the highways were reopened. Aside from a few dumbass Paki's playin chicken with each other out on the highway, we came through it alright. Didn't even have to call in the national guard to shovel our driveways!