• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Report Your Snow Depth

Lyndon

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
The ONLY good thing about the "CRUSH MASTER", was that when I went to haul it away from where it sat under a huge pile of snow at Crystal Mountain, in WA, was that it contained about 11 Brand New Long, Track Master replacement Grousers! And there were no "rights", only "lefts". I think the machine was jinxed!

mtntopper

Back On Track
SUPER Site Supporter
We are still getting snow with a snow pack in our area at 112% of average. From our nearest snotel site about 5 miles away they now show 50 inches on the ground and gaining daily. The late season snow has lots of moisture and is great for our snowmobile and snow cat excursions.

United States Natural Resources Water and Climate Center
Department of Conservation
Agriculture Service Portland,OR

Site Name Date Time Equivalent Depth Equivalent Snow Depth

POWDER RIVER PASS
03/21 0000 11.5 46.0
03/22 0000 11.6 47.6 0.1 1.6
03/23 0000 11.8 49.4 0.2 1.8
03/24 0000 11.8 46.5 0.0 -2.9
03/25 0000 11.9 45.1 0.1 -1.4
03/26 0000 12.2 47.7 0.3 2.6
03/27 0000 12.3 48.9 0.1 1.2
03/28 0000 12.5 50.0 0.2 1.1

Here is a pic looking down our driveway between spring snow storms. It is almost like a Bev Doolittle painting trying to figure out what is hidden.
P3230007.JPG

mtntopper

Back On Track
SUPER Site Supporter
Get your mattracks pickup fixed yet? You may have to use it all year!

The snow is not letting up and has snow all day today. We could get another foot or more in the next several days and the forecast calls for snow all week. No spring weather is showing up here as the forecast below shows. We still have a month of winter in the mountains.:drink:

This Afternoon: A 50 percent chance of snow. Cloudy, with a high near 19. South southeast wind around 15 mph. Total daytime snow accumulation of 1 to 3 inches possible.

Tonight: Periods of snow, mainly before midnight. Low around 9. Wind chill values as low as -8. South southeast wind 10 to 16 mph becoming west. Chance of precipitation is 90%. New snow accumulation of 1 to 3 inches possible.

Monday: Snow likely, mainly after noon. Cloudy, with a high near 25. Wind chill values as low as -8. Northwest wind between 9 and 18 mph, with gusts as high as 26 mph. Chance of precipitation is 70%. New snow accumulation of 1 to 3 inches possible.

Monday Night: Snow showers likely, mainly before midnight. Cloudy, with a low around 6. Wind chill values as low as -14. Blustery, with a northwest wind between 13 and 23 mph, with gusts as high as 32 mph. Chance of precipitation is 70%.

I got the mattrack brackets a couple weeks ago and installed them. I have a 500 gallon fuel tank of gasoline that I fill each fall. This has been a long winter and my fuel supply is kind of low so we are using snowmobiles a lot more to conserve gas for when we really need it in the mattrack truck and snow cats. That is another reason snow cat and mattrack truck pics are scarce this year from me. I will add another 300 gallon tank for next year and should make it through the winter. The P/U with mattracks and the snow cats when working in snow use considerable fuel.

alaska120

Mayor McCheese
SUPER Site Supporter
Its snowing, its snowing!!!
Up here in Interior Alaska we got a nice dump of roughly 6+ inches of fresh snow...Just wanted to rub it in.:winterrul Gonna give the toys a run tomorrow.

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
Saw a few snowflakes in the air since for a couple days now but nothing on the ground yet. Too wet still for the snow to stay. Give it another month though.......:pray:

fogtender

Now a Published Author
Site Supporter
Got about Ten inches of snow yesterday about twenty miles South of the Nenana, Alaska area!... Wet and heavy, will make a good base when it gets cold!

socal4t12

the Tahoe region all the way south to Mammoth, above 7000, is looking at getting 6+ inches by sunday morning! first good snow of the year.....hope its a long cold one.

KRC

got 2 inches in anchorage mid hillside area- sounds like more on the way
still have to put the studded snow tires on

Erik

SelfBane
Site Supporter
I am soooooooo jealous! we're having a thunderstorm right now and folks around here think 6" of snow before christmas is a bad winter...

KRC

Another 6 inches over night at my location.
I still have stuff scattered all over my yard. I think I'll take a video of my yard so if I need to find something I will know where to dig

socal4t12

There was a nice cold storm that came into Southern California last night. Nothing but a light dusting between Big Bear and the Wrightwood area. Lets hope its the first of many this winter.

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
Well, I raked my lawn for the last time yesterday morning. Today, I got up and had to shovel 6 inches of snow off the deck.

Lyndon

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
It-s -17 and blowin up a storm. Tends to do that 350 Miles North of the Arctic Circle. We have about 2 feet, on the ground. But there are 10 Foot drifts, like the one blocking the view out the window of my ACCO office trailer. Permits have been issued for roughly 100 Miles of Ice Roads, but the Ice Road construction hasn't started yet.

snowbird

I'm sorry to say that this picture probably tells it all (or at least most of it).
Here in southern Minnesota we haven't had an opportunity to play in the snow yet.

Attachments

• Tiny bit of snow north slope of driveway Nov. 23.jpg
    Tiny bit of snow north slope of driveway Nov. 23.jpg
    57.9 KB · Views: 405

Lyndon

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
This is CPF, Central Processing Facility. This is a summer picture. I't doesn't look like this today. Today it is pretty well snowed in.
CFP.jpg

Lyndon

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
{ABOVE}The "Drill Rig" in the background is also a "Visitor". This perticular one has been in National Geographic Mag, on the Discovery Channel and on the History Channel.

Auroa.jpg

"Were so far North, we look south to see the Northern Lights"

socal4t12

snow in the SO-CAL mountains (Angeles and San Bernardino Forests)! light dusting as of last night with approx 3-6" expected above 7,000 by sunrise tomorrow. Mammoth along HWY 395 is expecting 6-12" by sunrise as well.

Erik

SelfBane
Site Supporter
we had off and on sleet this morning, but all traces melted by 2 or so this afternoon. more same forecast for the next 2 days.