• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Idler wheels?

Manistee

I am pretty new to tracked vehicles and one of the idler wheels on my DMC 1450 is literally falling apart while parked. Guess I will have to replace it before the upcoming winter season. Is there some good sources for these? Should I look into sending my wheel out to have a new tire cast onto it? What should I expect to pay for an idler?

Also, are the sprockets done in a similar fashion? Mine are still serviceable, but have some cracks in them, so probably will need to be replaced in the near future also.

clyde2guide

I assume you are talking about the Imp. These bogie wheels if they are original were a 4.10/4.80-8 tire on a bearing hub wheel. Some installed regular hubs and used a bolt on wheel, but the tires were the same. This is important that you use a 15 inch diameter tire because regular 4.80-8 tires (trailer) are too large and will rub the springs and suspension. Some even lock up and won't turn. If you have questions you can contact Alpine Guide Tire Co. 1-800-473-3360. They have the Tires and can answer your questions.

Manistee

I think these were also called "Super-Imp"? The idlers are solid tires in front which are adjusted in and out to control track tension and are raised up a bit so they do not support the weight of the machine like the bogies. Called Fall-Line and they do not have the proper mold to cast new ones. In the DMC/Thiokol repair section I posted some pictures if that would be helpful. Might have to check into whether urethane industrial casters of the correct size (12" OD x 3" wide) might be adaptable if proper replacements cannot be found?

MNoutdoors RIP

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
I think these were also called "Super-Imp"? The idlers are solid tires in front which are adjusted in and out to control track tension and are raised up a bit so they do not support the weight of the machine like the bogies. Called Fall-Line and they do not have the proper mold to cast new ones. In the DMC/Thiokol repair section I posted some pictures if that would be helpful. Might have to check into whether urethane industrial casters of the correct size (12" OD x 3" wide) might be adaptable if proper replacements cannot be found?

We have them in stock solids front idlers for the two piece wheels
Www.mn-outdoors.com 218-828-7876