• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

British Man Beaten To death In Dubai Police Station...

Lia

Banned
Not that I could ever condone such actions as committed by the Dubai Police, or any other law enforcement force for that matter, that’s a given… but, there has to be more to this than the story told here, imho. Let's face it, nobody, generally, takes up the cudgels on behalf of a female in that, or any other middle-eastern country, as a rule.

So why this incident, and the lengths to which the Police went to, against this man, who at first glance seems to have been merely an exasperated tourist making an indignant protest at having been invaded in the privacy of an hotel room…

I suspect that the guy was genuinely obnoxious and perhaps a misogynist. Reading further, it seems that he was actually charged with assault, intimidation and generally scaring the maid out of her wits… That's a little more than just 'ordering her out of the room.'

What a sick, sick world it is out there...

http://news.sky.com/skynews/Home/UK-News/Dubai-Death-Lee-Brown-From-Essex-Dies-In-Police-Custody-In-Bur-Dubai-Police-Station/Article/201104215972148?lpos=UK_News_First_Home_Article_Teaser_Region_2&lid=ARTICLE_15972148_Dubai_Death%3A_Lee_Brown_From_Essex_Dies_In_Police_Custody_In_Bur_Dubai_Police_Station

CityGirl

Silver Member
SUPER Site Supporter
Could it be because the man was a westerner? It could be that simple. I doubt justice for the man will ever be achieved. It is difficult enough in western society...police brutality + 3rd world country = impossible.

EastTexFrank

GOLD Site Supporter
Something is "funny" here. A "maintenance worker" from England on vacation at the Burj al Arab? Check the room rates. If you find one for less than $2,000 a night, you'll be lucky.