• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

What's for Dinner Tonight?

thcri

Gone But Not Forgotten
Ok I am a plain meat and potatoes guy but my whole family just loves my baked potatoes/sausage meal. The potatoes are from my garden, the corn is from my garden and the meat is from Langdon's sausage from North Dakota. The potatoes are small potatoes cut up, baked in olive oil, pepper, Lawry season along with garlic and onion powder. The sausage is baked in a separate dish until ready then mixed in. The corn I like to mix it in also but my wife doesn't like me doing that (owner of the house) so I add the corn when on my plate. The yellow plate makes it look not so appetizing but it is good.

Attachments

• IMG00002-20091026-1900.jpg
    IMG00002-20091026-1900.jpg
    63.7 KB · Views: 123

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Chicken hearts & gizzards, sauted in butter for about 2 hours, with assorted wild/gourmet mushrooms. One of my very favorite meals.

thcri

Gone But Not Forgotten
Chicken hearts & gizzards, sauted in butter for about 2 hours, with assorted wild/gourmet mushrooms. One of my very favorite meals.

Don't care for the hearts or the mushrooms. But I love gizzards. We even use to beer batter fry them many years ago.

JEV

Mr. Congeniality
GOLD Site Supporter
No pics, but the wife's beef tips over noodles with broccoli and a side salad was delicious. I had two helpings and passed on dessert. I'm very busy this week, so she will be doing most of the cooking.

I have two batches of no-knead bread on the counter that I will shape at 0500 and bake at 0600 so I can take a loaf to tomorrow's customer (widow). My seniors know how to bake, but there is nobody to bake for, so they stop doing it. I like to be their bread angel and put a smile on their faces (there really is a nice side to me).

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
Wow Steve, that looks good.
Yep, I love gizzards. My Grams used to flour dredge- then par fry them, then put them in the oven to roast and finish crisping.
She served them with mashed potatoes and corn.

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
No pics, but the wife's beef tips over noodles with broccoli and a side salad was delicious. I had two helpings and passed on dessert. I'm very busy this week, so she will be doing most of the cooking.

I have two batches of no-knead bread on the counter that I will shape at 0500 and bake at 0600 so I can take a loaf to tomorrow's customer (widow). My seniors know how to bake, but there is nobody to bake for, so they stop doing it. I like to be their bread angel and put a smile on their faces (there really is a nice side to me).
Joe, have you ever made Broa?
I posted a recipe over there today. It's a must try bread for me, can't make it in my bread machine tho.. I don't think.

JEV

Mr. Congeniality
GOLD Site Supporter
Joe, have you ever made Broa?
I posted a recipe over there today. It's a must try bread for me, can't make it in my bread machine tho.. I don't think.
No, I never made Portuguese bread, but it does look interesting.

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
We had a leg of lamb, which the lovely Mrs_B marinated all day in her own mixture of garlic, oil, fresh rosemary and various other herbs & spices then grilled outside on the BBQ. A side of roasted potatoes. Plus a side of roasted summer squash. And I had some Motts Applesauce too, just because I like it!

Ironman

Homemade Deep Dish Pizza :smile:

Attachments

• deepdish001.jpg
    deepdish001.jpg
    76.8 KB · Views: 154
  • deepdish002.jpg
    deepdish002.jpg
    67.1 KB · Views: 151

thcri

Gone But Not Forgotten
that is a good looking deep dish that looks really deep. maybe a tad bit too much sauce (stomach wouldn't be able to handle it) but otherwise looks great.

But hey were did you get that avatar, that is one scary looking dude

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
Homemade Deep Dish Pizza :smile:
I'd be interested to know what sort of dough you use for that crust.
Steve, take some Maalox :yum: and Joe.. you shouldn't be hungry after the chicken leg quarter, mashed taters, and gravy.....:shifty:

Last edited:

JEV

Mr. Congeniality
GOLD Site Supporter
Roast chicken with carrots and onions. Mashed potatoes and pan gravy.

P1020210.jpg

Ironman

Yeah, that was a really deep one cooked in a stone dish. I've made alot of pizza's over the years, even had my own outdoor wood-fired pizza oven (before I accidently smashed it with the backhoe one day), but this one was the best by far.

Recipe
But hey were did you get that avatar, that is one scary looking dude
That dude is "bubbles" from the trailer park boys. :biggrin:
http://www.trailerparkboys.com/

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RDJ4Kj1DOoI"]YouTube- Trailer Park Boys-Bubbles Builds a BBQ[/ame]

muleman

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
The white one on the right is going to make a memorable meal. He is the one who broke my shoulder this spring and I will enjoy eating him. They head out to the butcher tomorrow morning. We are selling most of the meat and only keeping a 1/4 of one for ourselves. It will be different not having any animals in the barn this winter. Wife wants to travel a little so I am lightening the load for someone who watches after our place while we are away.

Attachments

• cows and school kids 016.jpg
    cows and school kids 016.jpg
    93 KB · Views: 151

BigAl

Gone But Not Forgotten
SUPER Site Supporter
The white one on the right is going to make a memorable meal. He is the one who broke my shoulder this spring and I will enjoy eating him.

Well , his cousin in Idaho is the one that broke mine this fall . I may have to wait a little bit , but I will get even :glare::whistling:

BigAl

Gone But Not Forgotten
SUPER Site Supporter
Elk Enchiladas , Refried Beans, Chips& Salsa, Ice Tea

Man oh man .IT was great ,but I ate way too much . Is your stomach suppose to gurgle ,groan and make sounds like that ?
You all may want to stand back a little for you own safety ......:unsure: