• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

What's for Dinner Tonight?

lilbopeep

Boneless Pork loin chop pan fried in bacon fat, micro steamed fresh broccoli crowns, mashed taters and gravy.

102311_porkloin_chop.jpg

muleman

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
Schnitz and knep with dumplings on top and boiled taters. Used our ham and our apples and taters.

JEV

Mr. Congeniality
GOLD Site Supporter
Looks like some refugees here from NCT...and some good eats along with them. Mmmmmmmmm....:brows:

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
Uh huh Joe. :D
That's our Peeps! delicious!

I had beef stroganoff and brussels sprouts prepared by my niece, who is becoming quite the cook!

luvs

'lil yinzer~
GOLD Site Supporter
i have a hankering for beef stew w/ bread & butter. i didn't thaw any beef, though.:hammer:

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
i'm a huge fan of nct though liking it here, too. & hi, lollie, luv u too
Hi.
My intent was to drag some of you over here.:flowers:
Don't listen to Joe, feel free to join in the threads that have nothing to do with food.
I know you've got other things to talk about.
You too Peepers.:smile:

luvs

'lil yinzer~
GOLD Site Supporter
i'm peeking about- not a bashful one, here. still didn't have dinner & i'm hungry. :)

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
Thanks Peeps.
Depressed and other....
Can't say I am depressed, but I too have other things that I am contending with at the moment.
The cereal won't harm you. You seem to manage your blood sugar quite well.
;)

luvs

'lil yinzer~
GOLD Site Supporter
making s.o.s. when this viscous lidocaine wears away- i love taking that stuff.:w00t2:

peeps, sad you're depressed. if it's of consolation, i got put on 2 mg salt & fluid restriction as of this week/yesterday. i'm frantic. i luv salt!

muleman

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
There is a lot of salt free stuff out there if you read labels and look for it. I committed the big sin yesterday and stopped at McDonalds for lunch. There went my sodium and fluid so today it is veggies and no salt plus extra lasix. Wife made an omelet this morning and even shredded some carrots with all the peppers,onions and celery mixed in. All stuff from our garden and it was great. She rarely cooks breakfast but when she saw my legs she did not want me cooking for myself.:whistling:The maple sausage is still in the fridge waiting for me to cook it.:clap:

lilbopeep

making s.o.s. when this viscous lidocaine wears away- i love taking that stuff.:w00t2:

peeps, sad you're depressed. if it's of consolation, i got put on 2 mg salt & fluid restriction as of this week/yesterday. i'm frantic. i luv salt!
Thank you luvs XOXOX

Sorry to hear about the salt restrictions. I also love salty/savory foods.

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter

ladies,,,muleman........,I do hope I'm not intruding here.......
My mother could not have salt. Tough on her but I learned to eat with less of it than most folks. Maybe a good thing.

My wife has an allergy to MSG and I am low salt by preference so this sub forum intrigues me. As it happens I am the family cook.

Everything must be done from scratch as the MSG or it's derivitives can be found in almost everything prepared. From breads to soups to pasta dishes, anything prepackaged for microwave out of bounds.

Fortunately, I love to cook. Tonite, broiled chicken breast filets with swiss cheese, green peppers and mushrooms. All over angel hair pasta.

A Romaine,spinach and Dandelion salad , blue cheese dressing,,,,,,and some white zifandel.

All from scratch. Most of the veggies from my garden. Yes I do that too. All organic.

Shall I set an extra place?

franc

lilbopeep

ladies,,,muleman........,I do hope I'm not intruding here.......
My mother could not have salt. Tough on her but I learned to eat with less of it than most folks. Maybe a good thing.

My wife has an allergy to MSG and I am low salt by preference so this sub forum intrigues me. As it happens I am the family cook.

Everything must be done from scratch as the MSG or it's derivitives can be found in almost everything prepared. From breads to soups to pasta dishes, anything prepackaged for microwave out of bounds.

Fortunately, I love to cook. Tonite, broiled chicken breast filets with swiss cheese, green peppers and mushrooms. All over angel hair pasta.

A Romaine,spinach and Dandelion salad , blue cheese dressing,,,,,,and some white zifandel.

All from scratch. Most of the veggies from my garden. Yes I do that too. All organic.

Shall I set an extra place?

franc
YES PLEASE!! Sounds wonderful.

muleman

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
If you are cooking I am eating. Just finished buttoning up the second greenhouse today. Picked some more tomatoes and the onions look to be coming along. Got a lot of stuff to get planted in there in the next week for fresh veggies over winter.

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
I dunno, Your pictures in post #1548 looked fairly yummy.

Hard to compete with the eye appeal of those dishes.

franc

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
If you are cooking I am eating. Just finished buttoning up the second greenhouse today. Picked some more tomatoes and the onions look to be coming along. Got a lot of stuff to get planted in there in the next week for fresh veggies over winter.

I used to watch a PBS show about a Maine couple farming with green houses. Extended their season two months on each end. Gave them five whole months to grow stuff (LOL)

Always made me want to move up there. Sorta.

I haven't the room here at the house but we have a large garden for our employees. City won't let me erect a green house so when the frost comes, I'll be limited to what I can produce in our "Florida room" at the house.

PA and Upstate NY has good soils and long summer days, but must get nasty cold come winter.

franc

muleman

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
I used to watch a PBS show about a Maine couple farming with green houses. Extended their season two months on each end. Gave them five whole months to grow stuff (LOL)

Always made me want to move up there. Sorta.

I haven't the room here at the house but we have a large garden for our employees. City won't let me erect a green house so when the frost comes, I'll be limited to what I can produce in our "Florida room" at the house.

PA and Upstate NY has good soils and long summer days, but must get nasty cold come winter.

franc
Mine are heated with radiant heat off my wood boiler.
http://www.forumsforums.com/3_9/showthread.php?t=40746&highlight=Greenhouse

Catavenger

SUPER Site Supporter
I have a good recipe for Indian frybread it's just kind of messy & I'm to lazy to cook it. But maybe I will get it in gear & fix it tonight.

2 Cups sifted flour
½ teaspoon salt (if you like salt you might want to use just a bit more)
4 teaspoons baking powder
1 egg
½ Cup warm water or milk (or both water and milk)
(I had to use a bit more to get it to the right consistency)
Sift first three ingredients together and stir in beaten egg. Add water or milk to make soft dough. Round up on lightly floured cloth or bread board. Knead lightly. Roll or pat out ½ inch thick. Cut into strips about 2x3" and slit center. Drop into deep fat (you need alot of fat or oil in the fryingpan so it won't burn I also added some butter.) Brown on both sides. Serve hot. Good with pinto beans, stew or syrup and is also good with honey. Frybread can also be used to make tacos etc. out of.

luvs

'lil yinzer~
GOLD Site Supporter
'kay, made my dinner. it was delish.

i'm used to toying w/ herbs & oils, zests & that.

franc, i'll take a place setting if i may.

peeps, i get weak in the knees, too, over beef, pittsburgh blue steak being a luv. (speaking of, people w/ yards grow some beautiful stuff until that initial frost)

frybread- haven't made it, heard of it though

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter

Beautiful work there Bill. Nicely done green houses.

Mine would be a bit less asthetic, plastic and PVC tube frame to start.
Down in Springfield MO, where our new ranch is, the weather is slightly more gentle in winter than Up State NY/PA so ground source heating will likely be our choice. Solar powered pumps for circulation, we have a small cave for sourcing the heat.

No pictures yet but big plans. 16' X 24' initialy covered in wire mesh to keep the forest critters out.

Meanwhile, your project has me inspired. Thanks.

franc
Cleo.jpg

6' X 18' shed style greenhouse off the south side of our home. The occupant is Cleopatra who just celebrated her 20th birthday last June.