• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

What's for Dinner Tonight?

muleman

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
I have some frozen grilled/smoked chicken- I might have that with some mashed potatoes and chicken gravy.
Sounds better than you getting frozen trying to grill in a blizzard. I have grilled with ours in the snow but not when the wind is screaming. It takes too long and you have a hard time getting it all cooked right.

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
ta da!

2010-02-09 18-05-18.392.jpg

muleman

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
Big old plate of Taco salad. I broke down and bought a nice tomato today and topped it off with shredded cheddar and salsa.

Attachments

• snow pics 027.jpg
    snow pics 027.jpg
    68.8 KB · Views: 80

JEV

Mr. Congeniality
GOLD Site Supporter
Spaghetti with homemade sauce and no-knead bread. The sauce is all gone because the bread was screaming to go swimming in it. This I allowed until the sauce gave itself fully to the bread, and became one with my stomach as a smile crossed my face. Urp!

P1020537.jpg

JEV

Mr. Congeniality
GOLD Site Supporter
I actually followed through on everything I had planned. Bacon wrapped Omaha Steaks fillet mignon, twice baked potatoes and broccoli tossed in butter and garlic. Dessert was butter cream frosted cinnamon rolls. I also made the sticky buns for an event DW is participating in tomorrow.

P1020557.jpg

P1020551.jpg

P1020549.jpg

BigAl

Gone But Not Forgotten
SUPER Site Supporter
God I hate you ! That looks so good . :w00t2:

I did break down and the little women and I went out for Chinese food . So much for losing weight today :doh::sad:

muleman

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
I hear you Al. We skipped desert as we are both trying to lose a little. Wife has dropped 14 lbs. since Christmas and I just keep bouncing up and down 6-8 lbs. Those rolls make me want something right now!:biggrin:

JEV

Mr. Congeniality
GOLD Site Supporter
Help yourself, boys, and take a couple for the Mrs. There's more where that came from.

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
So did the Omaha steaks and potatoes come from the same mail order Joe?
Looks good.

I had minestrone soup and cottage cheese with spiced pears at work.
Lovely.

As today was Chinese New Year, I missed pigging out at Jing Fong and the specials they were running. :(
Tomorrow, I am going to make up for that and have an Asian feast in da kitchen.
Pics will be posted.
Then on Friday, the Knights of Columbus start their fish dinners for Lent.
I'll be there every Friday for that :)

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
Sweet and sour chicken over rice, vegetable egg rolls and crab rangoon.
chinese.gif <~ ah eeren fine happy smiree

2010-02-15 16-24-11.978.jpg

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
I ate the whole plate Muley! :eek:
Then had to have a nap!

Man, I cannot wait for the Knights of Columbus to start their fish fry Fridays (this Friday! yay!)
Last year it was just over $7 for a HUGE portion of delicious fish, coleslaw, fries (or baked taties), a roll and a cookie.

muleman

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
I ate the whole plate Muley! :eek:
Then had to have a nap!

Man, I cannot wait for the Knights of Columbus to start their fish fry Fridays (this Friday! yay!)
Last year it was just over $7 for a HUGE portion of delicious fish, coleslaw, fries (or baked taties), a roll and a cookie.
I would jump on that. We had a great meal last night. I had stuffed chicken breast,green beans and a baked potato and the wife had a breaded shrimp dinner. It was nice to eat by candlelight and have soft music playing. The owner broke down and put the race on without sound but they were fixing the track so no big deal.

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
I would jump on that. We had a great meal last night. I had stuffed chicken breast,green beans and a baked potato and the wife had a breaded shrimp dinner. It was nice to eat by candlelight and have soft music playing. The owner broke down and put the race on without sound but they were fixing the track so no big deal.
Sounds like the two of you had a perfect evening. :smile:

JEV

Mr. Congeniality
GOLD Site Supporter
So did the Omaha steaks and potatoes come from the same mail order Joe?
Looks good.
Actually, I made the potatoes myself. I baked the taters, cored them out and smashed the innerds with sour cream, milk, butter, garlic and sharp cheddar cheese. Then spooned it back into the skins and baked them for 30 minutes with a spray of EVOO on them. The filling and the skins were delicious.

The steaks were given to us by a friend who received them as a gift, following his bariatric surgery. Sadly, he is not able able to eat them due to the surgery, so we are enjoying them for him.

BigAl

Gone But Not Forgotten
SUPER Site Supporter
I did the one Italian Sausage thing tonight to stay under the 1000 calories for the day :sad:. I hate everybody ......:sad:

Last edited:

JEV

Mr. Congeniality
GOLD Site Supporter
Don't hate us. We didn't put you on a diet. I've "grown" to accept myself just like I am.:yum::yum:

PG, you can make the twice baked potatoes and freeze them once you fill the skins. They will keep for about a month in a freezer bag. I made two potatoes, and we each just had 1/2 a potato and put the others in the freezer for another meal. They are filling, especially if you make a big Idaho baking potato.

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
Don't hate us. We didn't put you on a diet. I've "grown" to accept myself just like I am.:yum::yum:

PG, you can make the twice baked potatoes and freeze them once you fill the skins. They will keep for about a month in a freezer bag. I made two potatoes, and we each just had 1/2 a potato and put the others in the freezer for another meal. They are filling, especially if you make a big Idaho baking potato.
Thanks Joe! That's a great idea.

Yeah Al, don't go hatin'.. I love my shapely hips.
They's ain't goin' nowheres.:biggrin:

JEV

Mr. Congeniality
GOLD Site Supporter
Thanks Joe! That's a great idea.

Yeah Al, don't go hatin'.. I love my shapely hips.
They's ain't goin' nowheres.:biggrin:
I love a woman who looks like a woman from the back, and not these skinny types that look like boys. Yuk! All skinny and boney. I like a woman with good "birthing hips." Yeah, baby!!!!

BigAl

Gone But Not Forgotten
SUPER Site Supporter

No, but all your great pictures of food don't help this fat boy any !!!:flowers: I either lose weight or die early . decisions ,decisions :unsure:

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
No, but all your great pictures of food don't help this fat boy any !!!:flowers: I either lose weight or die early . decisions ,decisions :unsure:
I thought you did lose weight, and were a thinner Al.
Doesn't matter, I like you fat and chewy, my slave master..:yum: